• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motorcycle detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle detail

Did this detail back in may for a buddy. He came over the night before a big cruise wanting me to remove some stuff that got burned on exhuast pipes, and after I started checking this bike out I notice some bad neclected swirled out paint. I asked him if he was in a hurry, and he asked what I had in mind. I told him and he said go ahead.

Before I write a story here is what I saw! turned out the lights and used my dual xenon light to show the true condition of the paint.

When he brought the bike over he had already washed it , so the first thing I did was to wipe it down with some final inspection.
    Next I got out the smooth surface clay kit and started claying and using final inspection for the lubricant, wished I would have took some pictures of what the clay pulled off/out of the paint (nasty) but I was to busy talking and showing the nasty contaminants that was on the surface of his paint.

Here is a couple pictures after applying 3 applications of M80 and a W8006 pad with my G100 on speed 5 applying about 10lbs of pressure.

Next applied some nxt 2.0 and waited about 20 minutes or so and then removed slow and easy with a micro-fiber towel. Really started to bring out the flames and made the black look deep with fantastic reflection and clarity! Then wanted to apply a second coat to get good even coverage and see just how much better I could improve on the reflection and a more protection so I got out the best protection IMO #16 and applied a real thin coat and let it cure for about the same time, and removed it in the same manner slow and easy also with a micro-fiber towel.
    Check this out! This is also with the xenon light to make sure I removed all the swirls.

Thought I would give him his 1 minute of fame, he was giving the chrome a needed cleaning.

Here is a couple pics of the complete bike.

What's a detail without some sun shots!

This was my first bike detail and wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but he did all the chrome polishing LOL!!!!
    Hope everyone enjoys this post as he did his new bike! And he takes better care of it now.
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Re: motorcycle detail

Looks a ton better!

You look like you have a fun garage. All sorts of cool toys and tools.
    Scott

Comment

NICE!!!
      The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
      --VoicesInMyHead--
      0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Nice. Great work.
        Alex
        1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
        1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Daniel, the bike looks great. Great work as always. you really made the bike look great. Way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice job!

Comment

Bike looks great! Came out very well with just the G100 too!
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Nice job! Clear must be kinda soft since you only used 80.
                If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments as always!

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
                  Nice job! Clear must be kinda soft since you only used 80.
                  Ya I quess, really never give it any thought though. But 80 is also some pretty amazing cleaner/polish and using the right technique can result in some impressive results.

Comment

that looks great!
                    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

how long did it take ya??

Comment

Originally posted by waterlessdetail View Post
                        how long did it take ya??
                        Sorry! but been away for awhile with new job working 12 hour shifts (6PM-6AM) so don't have to much free time and when I do I spend it with my wife and kids.

I believe it was about 3 hours if memory serves me right, wasn't trying for a fast job but just fixing all the swirls & scratches for a buddy so alot of talking and joking around while working.

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
                          Sorry! but been away for awhile with new job working 12 hour shifts (6PM-6AM) so don't have to much free time and when I do I spend it with my wife and kids.

I believe it was about 3 hours if memory serves me right, wasn't trying for a fast job but just fixing all the swirls & scratches for a buddy so alot of talking and joking around while working.

Glad to see you are back! This is from sometime ago but I remember you polishing on the metal projects and did outstanding work!

Where are you now working during the night shifts?

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                            Glad to see you are back! This is from sometime ago but I remember you polishing on the metal projects and did outstanding work!

Where are you now working during the night shifts?

Tim
                            Thanks tim, good to be back!

Shut our whole job down, Hopefully going back march but don't know if I can stand being off that long might have to go find somethng else until then. Wife is also threating me!!! LOL

Comment

Hey, did you use meguiar metal polish for the chrome? or what did you used?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');