• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time reader, and Meguiars user...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time reader, and Meguiars user...

Hi,
    My names Chris, when I got my first car I was already a motorhead. It was a 1981 Mazda Rx-7, and I washed and waxed it regularly, kept it looking nice. My dads place of work regularly ordered a sealant called 'Diamond Finish' Trust me I cant find a site for it anywhere. Although I can upload a pic as I still have two bottles. My dad would keep me stocked, and it was an okay product. So since I was getting it free, I didnt complain, and it was better than Turtle wax paste.

When I got the car it needed buffed and polished, I really cant remember what I used the first time I did it. But since I was getting product for free I didnt see any reason to try anything different.

Well, that was until I saw Meguiars NXT. To be honest, it was the ridiculous looking packaging that drew me in... However under the 'trick' red paint job and all the modifications was an Rx-7 on the bottle. And at the time I was obsessed with my car, And Rx-7s in general. I was looking for something different, that would give me the over the top look. And I figured that NXT (being obviously marketed towards younger individuals) might be it.

Well Ill let my pictures do the talking, I bought some of the very first bottles of NXT in my area, and have been using it since.

I now use Cleaner Wax - Gold Class - NXT

These pictures are a little low resolution, but this was back when I just washed the car and used a single coat of NXT, when I say the car pops with the new combo I mean it POPS.

I also have a 1986 MR2 that I bought for $75

And here is a good pic of what it looks like after speed glaze and ColorX

(Oh this is the same car, I added the Toyota Roof visor, and the black OEM spoiler, I dont care for the look of the car without them.)

Oh yeah, and I added some nice wheels, they are an eighties Italian wheel MIM.

This picture was after an additional coat of NXT, it makes the hood look like a red mirror. Its amazing what Meguiars products have done to this car. It sat in direct sunlight in a field for five years, with the driver side window down. It was parked because it needed a clutch, well in five years time.... It needed ALOT more than that to get it back on the road. But it is now my faithful daily driver, while the Rx-7 relaxes in a climate controlled garage.

Re: Long time reader, and Meguiars user...

to mol.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Comment

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
        --VoicesInMyHead--
        0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');