• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blast from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast from the past

I can't believe that's still floating around!

That was posted in 1994, 10 years ago! Boy how time flys!

If you look at my e-mail address, it points to Hewlett-Packard, this was back when I was posting to the Usenet Newsgroups. This was before web-based discussion software had been invented, for example, vbulletin which we use here.

Since writing that article, I have changed my thoughts towards some of the methods outlined and thus my recommendations. There are also many mistakes in the article. It would probably be best to have it vanish forever, but I've seen this same article posted to numerous place over the web and as such it will probably be impossible to make every copy disappear.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Google Groups has lots of interesting stuff in it! I won't 'embarass' you any more, but it was entertaining to read your thoughts on Aluminum Polish.. #29 I think it said

Towards the end of that article you mention "The Art of Polishing Paint" and how you won't be emailing till it's done... Hehehe. Guess an artist's work is never complete

I think I was using local bulletin boards back in 94. Didn't hop on the internet till 95, IIRC.

Comment

If your married, either take the towels when your wife is out of the house

...and Lynn when she gets home...

Too funny!
        Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I bet that's one bit that hasn't changed over the years

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');