• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which product to seal my painted alluminium rims ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which product to seal my painted alluminium rims ?

Hi guys ?

Which product is best for sealing my painted aluminium rims ?

How many layers do I have to apply until the brake dust gets off easily ?

Which product should be used for cleaning sealed rims without destroying the sealant layer ?

Thanks for helping !

Bye !

Zauche

Re: Which product to seal my painted alluminium rims ?

Are these the factory rims on the 3 series in your avatar, or after market wheels?

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Treat them like your paint if they are clearcoated. Don't use harsh wheel cleaners. I would use a durable sealant in the high heat conditions the rims are subject too. I prefer to use #21 or #20 on my wheels. Once the wheels have LSP on them, they should clean up just fine with regular car wash soap, like NXT or #62, and water. Wheel cleaners will strip the sealant off and you will then have to reseal them.

It would also help to maintain the wheels by using UQD on them after you wash and dry them.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Are these the factory rims on the 3 series in your avatar, or after market wheels?

Ryan
        No, the rims I want to seal aren't these on my avatar. (these are wire wheels)

These are the rims I want to be sealed:

Comment

Don't be fooled (like I was) from products geared towards wheels. I bought Poorboys Wheel Sealant based on a lot of internet hype.

Got it, put it on two of my rims and put NXT 2.0 on two then compared after a week or so. NXT 2.0 wasn't fantastic, but MUCH better. I have high dusting brakes, so it was a big issue for me. For my money, I'd go with either NXT 2.0 or #21 2.0.
          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

#21 followed by #16 ?

Comment

After they are properly cleaned I give my clearcoated rims the same treatment as the paint. #21 v2.0. To me the trick is when you qd your car spend some time using either your qd, or quik wheel detailer. That prevents brake dust buildup.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I agree, I use M21 on my wheels typcially or M26 as it dries clear if you have little chips.
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');