• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Pain

Any of y'all live with any kind of daily pain?I am only 25 but have had both shoulders seperated,dislocated hip,torn meniscus in my knee had surgery last summer but is no better now still feels the same,have a sore tailbone everyday from being thrown out of a camaro,and of course back pain from work,shoulders are ok,but the other things bother the heck out of me.I am considering seeing a pain mang. doc.Any of you guys see one or been to one?is it worth it?thanks

Re: Chronic Pain

I dislocated my hip a couple years back getting hit in a sparring match at a Tae Kwon Do competition and ever since I have had horrible back pain. I started going to a chiropractor, but after that I started having head aches that couldn't be stopped with anything, even vicodin. Went to the doctor and I had a torn vertebrate in my neck. This could have been caused by the chiropractor, or another martial arts injury, but I suspect the chiropractor. But my back and hip felt 1000 times better.

So I guess the point is, maybe try a chiropractor, but be careful of how hard he/she is adjusting your back.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I'd get an MRI befor letting a chiropractor touch me. I had severe back pain and took copy of my MRI to a chiropractor. He said good thing I did! And not to let anyone try to adjust my spine or I'd be permanantly crippled! MRI will tell what is going on in there first.
      Barry

Comment

I've had some neck issues & dislocated a vertebrate but nothing that stays. I do have some sort of issue with my hip that comes and goes. No one (doctor or two different chiropractors) seem to know what it is or what causes it. When I don't get much exercise it starts acting up. When I was pushing weights at the gym, squats seemed to start it up too. When it comes it lasts for a week or two then is gone for a few weeks or even a few months. They gave me vicodin to deal with the pain when it comes but I quit taking it. I hate covering stuff up, I like to deal with it and fix it. It probably started when I was about 25 too, I'm 32 now. I've been pretty good with it the last year figuring out what triggers it and when seems to help it go away faster when it does come. I ended up dating one of my physical therapists so the doctor visits weren't a total waste.

Don't be afraid to find a good chiropractor and doctor to visit. They both have their strong points and might be able to help.

Wish you the best of luck!
        Scott

Comment

Doctors with an interest in pain management look at the big picture and generally work with a team to develop a treatment plan. They are well worth the effort when other docs are not successful helping the pain. At your age I'd first get another Ortho doc to take a look first. Try to find one that has an avid sports medicine program or sees more younger patients. They may be able to treat more agressively or have more experience with endoscopic procedures that could help your situation. I can certainly understand how the pain interfers with daily living having dealt with both chronic arthritis and cancer. Keep looking around till you find a doc your comfortable with and who you feel will help the situation. Good luck.

Comment

I feel your pain. Not enough room to list my ailments. lol I would absolutely go to a sports medicine Dr. Sometimes in my neck of the woods they even have a chiropractor with them. I would try my best to get to the root of the problem. I have never been much for the pain management route. There has to be a cause for the pain. Solve that, solve the pain. Then there is no pain to manage.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Comment

A good chiropractor will help. Also try acupuncture
                It helps in many cases. It better than taking drugs which just mask the pain.

One time I had chest pains and thought it was a heart attack. It turned out to be a dislocated rib
                The chiropractor popped it back. .

Kelly
                MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Yup! Both of my shoulders are junk! I have constant pain in them. My ankle was rebuilt a few years ago and if I am on it a while it swells right up. There is no cartilage in the ankle which makes it worse. Im only 29 too.
                  If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I have torn Cartelage, in my left knee, from playing select soccer. Ever since then I have always had pain reason because I now have less cartelage in my knee. From playing baseball I am a pitcher and sometimes I pitched complete games and I hurt my elbow and shoulder, and I have now and always had pain there too. I see a ciropractor and it helps.
                    Alex
                    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

yea i had a MRI on my tailbone and it looked ok,and the doctor said i have some kind of uncurable condition of the tailbone from a hard fall and i cant remember what it is called.and as far as my knee i am going to go back and see my ortho doc about it because it feels no better since surgery.he is a really good ortho to he did surgery on my shoulder,he works for the Indiana Pacers and use to work on the Colts,and many other big names.so my tailbone and hip i just have to live with but i am tired of it.and the tailbone is the most uncomfortable weirdest pain cause standing or sitting hurts.

Comment

The only pproblem I have is with my right wrist. For I while I was thinking I had carpel tunnel but then I feel it can be something else. I haven't gone to the doctor in hopes that it may go away but I've had the same pain for almost 3 months. I'm afraid it's going to affect my detailing. That's why in some of the pictures I'm in I'm wearing an adjustable wrist band just to help support it.
                        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

I have chronic pain in my neck. Because I had to face the computer for a long time, it made my neck very uncomfortable. I am not serious enough that I need to consult a chiropractor. Regular neck stretching and using a neck heating pad for chronic pain. The heating pad is very effective for alleviating chronic pain, it will not cure the pain, but it can relieve it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');