• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing scratches by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing scratches by hand

Here's another test I was more or less just playing around one night to see how many applications it would take to remove or improve some swirl's and scratches by hand on a old single stage paint gas door lid off of one of my old mustangs that I parted out.

I applied 5 applications of scratchX by hand (the tube for use by hand) and using about 15 to 20 lbs pressure.

Here's what I'm starting with, all ready used some quik-detail spray to do a fast wipe down.

This picture is with the overhead light shining directly down on to try to capture the swirls and scratches best as possible.

1st application applied and removed, again applied all applications using 15-20 lbs of pressure.

2nd application and starting to show some improvement.

3rd application no change but looks to have more clarity

4th application swirls and scratches just about gone.

last application. Looks flawless, I could let it go at that but I try to show what the true condition is and it's just about impossible if not impossible to make something that is old and with as many swirls and scratches look new again.

OK, here's is after applying 2 coats of #26 by hand, it brought alot of clarity and deepth back not to mention the gloss. Taken an up-close picture with as much light as possible to show that as good as it looks there is still some deep scratches but not as badly swirled or scratched.
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Re: removing scratches by hand

That is a big improvement. Your demo should be used for a step by step tutorial on the multiple applications needed when using scratch-x. Great pics and write up.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
      That is a big improvement. Your demo should be used for a step by step tutorial on the multiple applications needed when using scratch-x. Great pics and write up.
      Thanks buddy! but for something like that I would have more pictures and a better description. Like a before-during and after and someone helping to take some pictures of my techniques and process.

If we lived closer together we could get together and play around with doing thing's like that, I've got plenty of hoods and smaller parts and plastic headlights lenses, and another LT1 intake I need to finish polishing the ribs and powder coating, along with to many mustang parts to powder coat thats ready and setting in my blast cabinet.

Speaking of headlight lenses my trucks headlights need a good wetsanding and polishing, so maybe I will do a write-up on that if my wife will let me use her camara (I droped mine a couple months ago and some pictures come out cloudy or dark, that's why I stoped posting up pictures and write-ups)

LATER
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Nice job, great improvement Daniel
        Maybe you can see some deep scratches but you sure eliminated those swirls and brought that lid back to life, nice gloss and depth

Comment

Awesome, its always great to use old parts to test out products.
          Schotography

Comment

i just want to run out to the store and buy the product....i have a few scratches, nothing to deep, hope it works as well...

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');