• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal....

With everyone making posts in the Information Station??? Dang n00bs and newbs!

Re: What's the deal....

Don't you know...its the new trend, they think they are providing us with information.

Gosh some of these Roush Mustang guys just don't pay attention do they.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I have no idea, but I noticed the same thing.

Some people also post in the FAQ, How-To Articles, and Hot Topics.

I think there needs to be some sort of document that explains where to place the different threads.

And, after registration, it would be great if it took you to a page where you were required to read through the Hot Topics.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I totally agree with Chris. I think the information station should be locked to all posts and Mike can move them threads in when he feels they are worthy.

I'm going to send him a e-mail about possibly putting the List O' Links in the conformation e-mail that everybody gets.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I think those are excellent ideas. Give them the list of links with confirmation, great idea.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I've notice this as well.
            Mike must be tired, he has moved a lot of thread lately to Detailing 101

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
            I'm going to send him a e-mail about possibly putting the List O' Links in the conformation e-mail that everybody gets.

Ryan
            This would be a GREAT idea.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
              Don't you know...its the new trend, they think they are providing us with information.

Gosh some of these Roush Mustang guys just don't pay attention do they.

Ryan
              Whatcya mean? I'm the only one! lol

I have always thought that area should just be locked from posts (not supposed to post there anyways, right?). Probably would have made it easier, especially now. Every now and then when I reply, I stick in a 101 link.

Comment

If the forums in the Information Station are locked to new posts it keeps people from replying to an existing approved thread.

The forum can be set up to moderate new threads but that doesn't really create less work...

Will look into a solution....

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                  I've notice this as well.
                  Mike must be tired, he has moved a lot of thread lately to Detailing 101
                  This would be a GREAT idea.
                  +1 that would be a great part of the welcome message.

I also agree that the Information Station should be closed to comments. Instead, I would suggest adding one open forum in the Information Station or elsewhere for proposed changes/additions.

Just my two cents!
                  Rob A.
                  '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                  '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    If the forums in the Information Station are locked to new posts it keeps people from replying to an existing approved thread.

The forum can be set up to moderate new threads but that doesn't really create less work...

Will look into a solution....

I thought it could be set-up to not allow new threads to be created (different than just moderating them? Seems like what has to be done right now anyways.), not take away all posting ability; i.e.- replying to an already existing thread.

The idea wasn't to try and create more work over the long run, but help the cause a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');