• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to Meguiarize my new ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Meguiarize my new ride

I'm looking for some suggestions and or tips on cleaning up my new set of wheels a bit. It's a 2005 Honda CBR 1000RR Repsol edition. It's in pretty good shape, but I have noticed a bit of light swirling on the gas tank (haven't looked over the whole thing yet with the Xenon) Anyone have any experience with these? In my arsenal I have M80, M83, M105, D151, M21, and other various liquid products (APC+, M135, Last Touch, etc....)

Here's a picture of her.

Re: Time to Meguiarize my new ride

Are the tank decals cleared over I am thinking they are, and same with all the decals are they clear coated? Nice Bike That is awesome. I ride a 06 Kawasaki ZZR 600. Use the apc on the tires only the side walls. I was told that by some other members. I did my bike by hand. Kawasaki seems to have a softer clear coat not sure about honda. I used DC1 and DC2, NXT 1.0.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Hey kriez

The rims are powder coated aren't they? just used your car soap and water, also you can use meguiars detailers line of glass cleaner( my favorite choice for cleaning everything from glass to aluminum and powder coated parts to. Also go ahead and apply 2) coats of nxt tech wax 2.0 to them to help keep road dirt, brake dust and whatever from sticking to them and also apply some ultimate quik detail to them or the quik rim detail once over day or so. And then there's the meguiars bike detail line that I've heard great things on. Just my thoughts. OH YEA, AWESOME BIKE!!!!!!
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

The side wings are stickers on the tank. I don't think they are cleared over as I can feel the stickers. I'll have the bike back tomorrow as it is in the shop right now where one of my buddies works. Getting a new muffler, integrated turning indicators, new tires, and a tank protector. I'll top it with a few coats of 21 this weekend and post some pictures.

Comment

I was looking at the pic and are those racing tires? When you deatil it be careful of getting wax build up on the edges of the stickers.
          Alex
          1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
          1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Congrats on the new wheels. The bike looks awesome. Enjoy it.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');