• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What else to get along with the G-100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else to get along with the G-100?

I have decided to jump on the new great deal on the G-100. I need to know what I else I should buy since I will have free shipping. I am currently thinking of getting:

Already have 81
    already have 9
    I need a couple pads....can someone give me the link to the deal that gives u a couple pads for one price? I can't find it

A couple of ultimate bonnets (Are these good and worth it?)

Anything else I should look to get? Maybe some 7?
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

i just ordered my da yesterday and i ordered a bunch of stuff i got the same thing as you plus some ultimate bonnets to remove wax and also i got a couple extra polishing pads. You should also get yourself some good wax i have been hearing good things about #26 especially on red paint and you definitely cant go wrong with nxt. I also ordered a grit guard for washing my car. Hope this helps some

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I already have 2 bottles of NXT Wax and 2 bottles of The yellow wax...i forget the number. I also have MPPP and Gold class, plus the cleaner wax.
      Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Re: What else to get along with the G-100?

Originally posted by williams22
        I need a couple pads....can someone give me the link to the deal that gives u a couple pads for one price? I can't find it
        Part number WDAV99-B is the set of 2 polishing pads and 1 finishing pad for $25. Pretty good deal really. In the normal store, under Tools & Accessories -> Detailing

Anything else I should look to get? Maybe some 7?
        If you have 81, you shouldn't need 7. 81 is the 'clearcoat version' of 7.

Speed Glaze #80 would be good for times that you don't need the abrasiveness of #83, but need a touch more than #82.

Comment

How well do ultimate bonnets work?
          Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by williams22
            How well do ultimate bonnets work?
            In my opinion, they work great. I like to show them at every detailing clinic and I use them myself with the cars I detail.

Here's a clinic attendee using the Ultimate Bonnet for the first time on his black Viper,

The bonnets are reversible, and can be washed and re-used.

I would second the comment on the Speed Glaze, I use this product all the time and consider it a must-have tool in my tool box.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I placed my order last night. At first I thought having to order over the phone (In order to get the deal) would be a pain. Wow! It was so quick I was amazed. The guy I talked to knew what i wanted before I even said it. Order over $300 dollars worth and it only took 2 minutes.

Heres what I decided to get:
              The DA Special Package
              32 oz. 83
              32 oz. 82
              32 oz. 80
              3 ultimate bonnets
              2 of the 3 pad packages
              Endurance Tire Treatment
              Hot Rims/ Cool care
              A lot of new foam hand pads
              And the video to teach myself how to use the polisher.

Does this look good? Keep in mind I already have about 5 different Meg's waxes and a bunch of polishes and stuff like that. This is baically all for the new polisher with the exception of endurance and hot rims because I ran out of those products this week.
              Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');