• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Wash or Hi-Tech Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Wash or Hi-Tech Wash

What would be the advantage of using either Hi-Tech Wash or Carwash Shampoo over using Gold Class Car Wash? I have used the Hi-Tech Wash in the past but have been using Gold Class as of late and really like it, and honestly I can’t say that I can tell any real difference in the performance of the two. Time to restock, so I thought I would ask before I placed an order. Thanks
    Last edited by everetts.1; Sep 15, 2004, 07:25 AM.

Both #00 Hi-Tech Wash, and #62 Car Wash Shampoo are body shop safe, that is they are formulated to be used in an environment where fresh paint is being sprayed.

I'll have to check on the Gold Class wash, but the point is this, the #00 and the #62 are marketed and sold into the body shop industry whereas products like Gold Class Wash and NXT Car Wash are formulated for the consumer market for a reason.

Depending on where a product is intended to be used, there will be differences in the formula. In some cases it will not matter, in other cases it could cause problems. As an enthusiasts, you have the option of using any of our car washes.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If I'm using 2 Liter of water to wash my car, how many tablespoon of gold class wash do I pour in to mix with this amount of water? I'm not familiar with oz and gallons.

Perhaps, Meguiars should have come out with a package that includes a cap to indicate the correct amount to mix with different volume of water.

Comment

Re: Gold Class Wash or Hi-Tech Wash

Originally posted by everetts.1
        What would be the advantage of using either Hi-Tech Wash or Carwash Shampoo over using Gold Class Car Wash? I have used the Hi-Tech Wash in the past but have been using Gold Class as of late and really like it, and honestly I can’t say that I can tell any real difference in the performance of the two. Time to restock, so I thought I would ask before I placed an order. Thanks
        they are both really good car washes and i like them both.On a surface that is washed regulary i would use the hi-tech wash and on a surface that isnt washed so often i would use the gold class.Just my 2 cents.

Comment

If I'm using 2 Liter of water to wash my car, how many tablespoon of gold class wash do I pour in to mix with this amount of water? I'm not familiar with oz and gallons.
          First, I think two liters of water isn't enough to do a good wash because the dirt that accumulates in the bucket will become concentrated in that little amount of water (2 liters is about 2 quarts, or half gallon, for you non-metric types). I use two gallons of water in my bucket.

Second, there are two tablespoons in a fluid ounce (see The Joy of Cooking, p. 1072). Meguiars generally recommends about one ounce of car wash soap per gallon. So, if you insist on using two liters of water, you'd want to use one tablespoon (or less) of car wash soap. However, if you increase your wash volume to a gallon (4 liters), use two tablespoons or less.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');