• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ClubLexus.com - Pictures & Comments - September 27th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClubLexus.com - Pictures & Comments - September 27th, 2008

ClubLexus.com - Pictures & Comments
    Meguiar's Detailing 101
    Saturday September 27th, 2008

***Place Holder***

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: ClubLexus.com - Pictures & Comments - September 27th, 2008

Thank you for hosting the class Meguiar's. I really enjoyed the class today. Mike Phillips did a great job teaching the class and I learned quite a lot. I was hesitant about using the D/A before but I am more confident now after today's class. I will purchase one as soon as I get a chance. Thanks again!

Comment

Hope everyone had a great time! Here's a few pictures from the day, more on Monday..

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

That was a great class Mike. I did pick up some stuff I missed out on from the other class I attended this year too. Glad to be a part of it man and thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll be working with you on the staff or something in a couple years

It was great meeting everyone as well. I know 2 more people now over at CL

Edit: I hope I didn't take too many pictures for you to go through Mike!
        Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Just wanted to say "Thank You Meguiars" for providing the class session on Detailing 101. Mike Phillips is an outstanding instructor with such a vast knowledge on the products and highly professional. I learned a great deal from this session today, and honestly to say that I now feel more comfortable to detail the car myself. My long drive from San Diego today was well worth it. Thanks again Mike for your valuable time and for a wonderful lunch as well. Great job !!

Comment

awesome job Mike! no regrets having to wake up so early on a Sat to sit in on your class. the pizza and loads of 'pop' were a great addition! you truely are the MAN!

post more pics!

Comment

I want to thank Meguiars and Mike for putting on the class today. I learned a whole lot and got a lot of great tips.

I'm not sure if it was a blessing or a curse, but I am just getting into detailing my own car and didn't know much about the Meguiars professional lineup of products. Needless to say though, there will definitely be some tan bottles in my garage soon.

Thanks again and the food was fantastic!

Comment

loads of information,loads of great products,loads of people,loads of cars and loads of foods.everything is free of charge. great class ever!!!

Comment

Great class, and Mike was great and helpful. I didn't ask any questions because Mike already knew what to expect, and explained everything to everybody.

Only problem was that after the class, I had an itch to buy stuff and on a Saturday most PBE are not open, so I went to Super Autobacs on my way home and still no M105 on the shelf, so I didn't buy the Meguiar's DA, pads, and backing plate yet. Have it available for the guests to buy and we'll be walking out of the class with easily $2-300 worth or products per person. Overall great class though.

Comment

^^For some odd reason, I think M105 is a hit or miss item at Super Autobacs. I've seen it on shelves every now and then. I know for a fact that they have 80 and 83 in stock but I think M105 has become so popular that its flying off the shelves lol. Just call them and ask when the Megs rep is going to replenish stock and maybe they'll let you reserve one. If they stopped carrying M105 that would be a very sad day indeed....

They do sell the G110, backing plate, and pads at Super Autobacs as well, I think I forgot to state that when I asked why they weren't a registered retailer
                    Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

I see Mike's massive truck in those pictures too. Man that's a lot of Lexus's.
                      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post
                        ^^For some odd reason, I think M105 is a hit or miss item at Super Autobacs. I've seen it on shelves every now and then. I know for a fact that they have 80 and 83 in stock but I think M105 has become so popular that its flying off the shelves lol. Just call them and ask when the Megs rep is going to replenish stock and maybe they'll let you reserve one. If they stopped carrying M105 that would be a very sad day indeed....

They do sell the G110, backing plate, and pads at Super Autobacs as well, I think I forgot to state that when I asked why they weren't a registered retailer
                        i've been there a few times as of late and their car-care inventory is dwindling. they're discontinuing on carrying some items (non-megs) and never seem to have a consistent replenishment on products. it use to be worth the 45 minute drive for me...

Comment

Awesome class. Thanks Mike! Very educational. See you on some Thursday classes!
                          2006 Toyota 4Runner (the vacation car)
                          2003 Lexus GS300 (the weekend car)
                          1999 Honda Accord (the daily driver)
                          1991 Toyota MR2 (the weekend warrior)

Comment

Definately gained knowledge. Thanks for introducing M105 and M80 amoung other products. I think that these products will take my Egyptian Sand SC430 to another level. Love the pic of the SC430 -- by the way, thanks for sharing so many "techniques."

Comment

Here's some pictures from the day... thank you to Chris for letting us demonstrate on his car...

Swirl City

Close-up of the same spot

Taped of 4 sections...

The space right in front of the glass on the passenger side is for M105
                              The space in front of the M105 space is for ScratchX
                              The space in the center of the hood is our control (Before section)
                              The space in front of the driver's side is for the G110

Validating for everyone the swirls in the paint before we start working using a Xeon Light

M105 - 1 Application by hand using a foam applicator pad

Wipe-off and inspect

Whether you're working by hand or machine, when it comes to the Cleaning Step, that is the step where you're removing the defects, then when it comes to removing swirls and scratches you need to work a small section at at time.

Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber polishing cloths are 22" by 16" rectangular in shape. If after you do a test spot you find the swirls and scratches are coming out easy then you can work an area about this size.

If you find out the swirls and scratches are coming out with a little difficulty then fold our microfiber in half and work an area about 16"x16" square. The point being is in most cases with most clear coat paints, you can't tackle huge sections at a time when removing the swirls and scratches, instead you have to work small sections at at time. The reason for his is because most clear coat finishes tend to be more harder than softer, and the cleaning action of a DA Polisher is relatively gentle when compared to a rotary buffer but faster than working by hand. You usually just can't tackle large section at a time when removing below surface defects. See these tips...

And then plan out your panels by breaking them up into sections and when you finish working the swirls and scratches out of one section and you're moving onto a new section be sure to overlap a little into the previous section.

Place your choice of product to the face of the pad, you can use an X pattern or a circle around the outside.

First up this young lady demonstrated to the guys how easy it is to machine clean and polish paint...

Then the guys stepped up to the plate...

Freestyling!

Chris, the owner of the car demonstrates how to clean your buffing pad on the fly...

Then Chris tried his hand at using the G110

Meanwhile, others inspected the hand worked sections against the Control with the swirl finder light, also called the "Cruel Master".

Hands-on training dramatically decreases the learning curve for a tool that's already easy to use...

After the test section was finished, we switched to a finishing pad to apply the wax...

Is it soft? See for yourself...

2-3 passes over each square inch on speed setting 3.0

Remove all tape and final wipe-off...

Time to see what's what...
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');