• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1611 paste wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1611 paste wax

My father bought a DELTA table saw with an extension table and he was told to apply Meguiars M1611 paste wax to keep it in good shape. I can not find this item. Has it changed #'s or is there another product that would work?
    Thanks for any help!!!
    Wheels

Re: M1611 paste wax

Hey Wheels,

First off, welcome to MOL!

M16 has been discontinued. It was an awesome product but due to regulations beyond Meguiars control, it was gone. You can still find some maybe on ebay, but I am sure some will chime in with something comparable Though nothing is as good as M16. IMHO.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
      Hey Wheels,

First off, welcome to MOL!

M16 has been discontinued. It was an awesome product but due to regulations beyond Meguiars control, it was gone. You can still find some maybe on ebay, but I am sure some will chime in with something comparable Though nothing is as good as M16. IMHO.

Andy
      So do you recomend any substitute???

Comment

Any one of Meguiar's protectants will be fine.

But, this is an industrial application. I would try some M0811 Mold Release Wax.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

M1611

My father bought a DELTA table saw with an extension table and he was told to apply Meguiars M1611 paste wax to keep it in good shape. I can not find this item. Has it changed #'s or is there another product that would work?
          Thanks for any help!!!
          Wheels

Comment

Re: M1611

The best replacement in my personal opinion for that application would be new NXT Tech Wax 2.0, paste. You should be able to grab that locally very easily.

Comment

Let me check with R&D on Monday...

Hang tight...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You can also check e shine in Canada. Quite often they have some for sale.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Just checking to see if you had heard anything??? Thanks for trying!!!
                  Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                    Just checking to see if you had heard anything??? Thanks for trying!!!
                    Wheels
                    Sorry for the delay, just sent an e-mail on this topic.

FWIW

There was a time I worked for Simpson's Plywood Mill which specialized on Marine Grade Plywood, the highest quality, most expensive plywood you can buy. I did a lot of different jobs at the mill but one of them was running a Patcher, (think that's what we called it), basically you would draw a sheet of veneer onto the table and then punch out and plug any knotholes in the panel. Grade A+ could have no more than 4 or 5 plugs.

Plugs are those things shaped like a football in a sheet of plywood.

Before your shift started and all through the night, one of the things we would do is wax our steel tables so the thin sheets of wood could slide easily which reduced the strain on the operators to move large sheets of wood across the table from the incoming stack to the finished stack.

For this we used paraffin wax that came in rectangular bars. kind of like what you would find for sealing canning jars.

We also used this on all the dryer tables where wood that had been through a dryer would be pulled off onto carts according to the grade of the wood. Again, the paraffin wax helped to make the large sheets of wood slide easily to reduce strain on the worker.

We manufactured 5x11 sheets of Grade A Marine Grade Plywood and laminated sections together to make 5x20' sheets so we worked with large panels of thin wood. The cost of the wood was very high and keeping tables where the wood was moved over waxed-up was important as it helped to prevent damage to the costly wood.

And yeah... worked on the Green Chain too...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');