• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing orginal interior product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing orginal interior product

Hi Guys

I've just got myself some Quik Interior Detailer.

I have just bought a 1990 car and bit unsure what was applied before I purchased as is very glossy and too bright in the sun. Not to mention seems to attract heaps of dust.

Could I use a damp cloth with water to remove the current product, wait til surface is dry then apply Quik Interior Detailer?

Not sure how to go about it.

Cheers

Dan

Re: removing orginal interior product

I've always do a wipedown be it warm water and/or APC to clean it up before putting on dressings. I came across some friends that put tire dressings on dashboards and they shine like the 4th of July! plus all those ickiness attracts dust and bugs. So a simple wipedown of warm water would be a first.
    Dont have QID though plus wont hurt to do a test spot.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Yeah, I'd wipe with a damp cloth first as well, maybe even with a splash of a good soap in it.

The QID is a light cleaner, but if the stuff that was put on first is greasy, it could be a mess without a little wipedown first.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

The product on the car could be okay, but know when people sell their car put anything on it to look good or new. So thought i'd play it safe.

I'm not into the high gloss look though. Reminds me of dodgy car yards with painted black tyres and all that.

Comment

I think most dealers use regular tire dressing. I know they did on my dad's car and my own. (purchased mustangs from my grandfather)

Only issue was they applied the dressing to my dad's black top too!! Looking back I realize how silly that is...

Comment

I would definitely wipe it down with some warm water and apc. Then give it a couple of rinses with some more warm water.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');