• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#26 Durability???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #26 Durability???

Used to use this some years back. Saw it today at Pep Boys and it got me interested again. What are people seeing in terms of durability for a daily driver? I used to LOVE this stuff on black, and might go to it for next summer!

Thanks.

Re: #26 Durability???

#26 is pretty durable, not as durable as NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 but still pretty good. Even though Meguiar's doesn't teach layering, #26 and then NXT 2.0 works great for me.

Give a few combinations a try and see what looks best in your eyes.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

It holds up pretty good. Wax regularly and you'll be fine

Comment

M26 is a time-proven product for a host of different reasons... over 20 years now maybe 25 years on the market...

As for durability, how long a wax lasts on the finish always depends upon how the car is treated after waxing... wash gently with a quality car wash like Gold Class Car Wash then it will last longer than if you run it through a brush type car wash.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

^^ I agree

You can wax and leave in the garage and it will last a long time.

I wax when I can in the winter where I live, the nasty road salts/cinders/Oregon de-icer wreaks havoc on my paint.

It's all about how you maintain your car.

Personally, I like M26, lasts a good while on our Neon.

I did just get to try M16 on our Yukon, I love it!!!!!!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

#26 gets some hype over on autopia. I personally have it and have used it but Ive never actually tested its durability.

Ive never really cared about durability till lately since school has taken more and more of my time. Now Ive started looking for something that will last along time even if the look takes a hit. Next up is collinite 476 although Ive gotten over a month out of NXTv2 so far.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I use #26 and I really like it. Though I am not the best detailing expert I believe the product is pretty durable. I usually wax my car every three or four weeks, basically once a month and I love the shine of #26. I also pair it up with another favorite carnuba of mine, the S100 paste wax.

Comment

I've personally experienced beading with #26 lasting at least 3 months in our harsh Canadian winters.

I hadn't used mine for a few years, but just recently detailed my daily driver with #80 + #26 and it turned out great. I had forgotten how good #26 looks.

(I also just applied a coat of #16 to my wife's daily driver within a week of doing my car, so it'll be interesting to see how the durability of the #26 and #16 compares over this winter).

Comment

Aside from surface preparation and maintainance upon application, climate also play important roll.

Some coutry just can't give much durability to Carnauba based wax.

Comment

#26 is one of my absolute favorites looks wise. For me, its about as durable as NXT (or more specifically, NXT's beading.) Meg's durability king is #16 but the look is much more cold and flat for me. I prefer #26's warmth, depth and darkening of paint.

Comment

I really like M26 as well and as a matter of fact, it's one of my favorite waxes. The durability is there as well, good stuff for sure.

Comment

Very good product. As for the durability of it? I have had no problems with it. I like it a lot.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

#26 is a trusted friend. It produces excellent shine, and protection on my cars. It was the first "pro" wax lsp I've ever used, and I've not found anything I like more. I like Zymol's Carbon/Creme equally, but price wise, the #26 wins based on performance, and looks.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');