• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a tool

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a variable speed (500-2000 rpm or similar) 3"-4", light weight rotary. The only thing I've found similar to this is the Metabo 3" RO, SXE400. Although similar, I would prefer something with forced rotation. I've seen the Flex tools as well and may go that route if necessary.

If anyone knows of a small, light weight, variable speed (or low rpm fixed speed) rotary. I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Re: I'm looking for a tool

Do you want a small machine or small pads and backing plate?

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I'm looking for a small light weight machine. Small is a plus, light weight is an absolute.

I have a 3" (?) backing plate and pads from ADS for my PC. I really like the way they work on bad scratches and in tight spots. But the balance and weight of the PC with the 3" pads *****. More power would be a big plus too.

The SXE400 in a rotary would be the ticket!
      Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

People have called me a tool

Comment

Wen makes a cordless 4" RO polisher that can also use the same 4" pads as my cyclo. It is a great tool for smaller spaces and in a pinch have been able to polish an entire car just with the tool. Check ebay, amazon, etc for pretty good deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
            People have called me a tool
            Yeah, me too.

But I can't do the wax on/ wax off at 600 RPM!

Comment

Pictures always help.

Here is what I was able to do with:

#80 Speed Glaze
              3" ADS finish pad (black)
              PC 7336 on speed 5

50/50 shots of grill and front bumper, polished and unpolished should be evident. No wax or sealant has been applied, just M80.

Now, if the PC didn't weight 7lbs and was better balanced or simply smaller, it would have been much easier.
              Last edited by RogueGypsy; Sep 30, 2008, 02:12 PM. Reason: second pic didn't work

Comment

You could always do those little areas by hand if you feel the PC isn't doing good enough work.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                  You could always do those little areas by hand if you feel the PC isn't doing good enough work.

Ryan

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.....................the PC did a fine job, I just want something; lighter, faster and better........ I want to polish with one hand and sip cold beer with the other while reclining in the Sun.

Comment

I do apologize, when I saw the picture I thought you were talking about the grill area. I didn't notice the bumper until somebody pointed it out to me. I'm working with one eye right now so I do apologize.

Looks great though!!

Ryan

Comment

Dynabrade M/N 18055 3" AIR BUFFER WITH TOP RPM OF 2400 BUT HAD VARI-SPEED TRIGGER I LOVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                        I do apologize, when I saw the picture I thought you were talking about the grill area. I didn't notice the bumper until somebody pointed it out to me. I'm working with one eye right now so I do apologize.

Looks great though!!

Ryan
                        No apology necessary. I read about your mishap. Hope your eye is getting better. I wear Specs all the time and can't count the number of times my Polycarbs have saved my eyes. Except for welding flash, they don't do jack for that, and it's no fun at all. Can't imagine a chemical burn being any fun either.

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
                          Dynabrade M/N 18055 3" AIR BUFFER WITH TOP RPM OF 2400 BUT HAD VARI-SPEED TRIGGER I LOVE IT.

How many CFM does the compressor need to put out to keep it going? I have a little 3.5cfm 5 gallon I keep around the house, but my 15 gallon beast is always on the job sight.

It's beginning to look like air is the only way to get what I want.

Do you get a lot of torque with that little puppy or is it easy to stall?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
                            How many CFM does the compressor need to put out to keep it going? I have a little 3.5cfm 5 gallon I keep around the house, but my 15 gallon beast is always on the job sight.

It's beginning to look like air is the only way to get what I want.

Do you get a lot of torque with that little puppy or is it easy to stall?

thanks

Plenty of torque, 2 hands needed for good control but a true smooth machine. CFM About 10-12 I think I will Dbl check. Dynabrade is top of the line.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');