• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leather seats in an open boat--how should i protect them??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather seats in an open boat--how should i protect them??

Hi all..A friend of mine has a boat with leather seats in it..The boat has no cover at all and i would like to ask how i should protect them...A normal leather clean/protect kit is OK or is there anything else more specified for this case??
    Thanks
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: leather seats in an open boat--how should i protect them??

With it being a boat + uncovered, I would say conditioning more often than usual would be important.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i found out that they are not real leather but a marine version of ''leather imitation''.I don't know how to name it.In Greek is called Dermatini(Derma is leather and this is an imitation of leather)..Any help pls???
      I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

I think something this specific calls for Mike Phillips to chime in. I know he was stepping away for the night to spend time with his family, so he should catch this sometime tomorrow.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
          I think something this specific calls for Mike Phillips to chime in. I know he was stepping away for the night to spend time with his family, so he should catch this sometime tomorrow.

Mark
          Thanks mate....I hope so to see it ASAP
          I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Here we call it pleather: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_leather
            If you think it it's expensive to hire a professional,
            hire an amateur first.
            King of the Mustang louvers

Comment

Originally posted by maarten22 View Post
              Thanks..What is the difference from vinyl seats??
              And how i should clean/protect it??
              I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Pampos, Meguiar's offers several products for the cleaning and protecting of vinyl seats:

Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

If it is Vinyl, and it reads like it is... (how many materials can you make a boat seat out of?), then stick with the Marine Line

Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner

You can also order this by the gallon.

When it comes to boat seats exposed to the outdoors... then see my Sig Line

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    If it is Vinyl, and it reads like it is... (how many materials can you make a boat seat out of?), then stick with the Marine Line

Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner

You can also order this by the gallon.

When it comes to boat seats exposed to the outdoors... then see my Sig Line

Thanks Mike..As i told before the owner told by the dealer that is a marine imitation of leather..Is that vinyl??it looks like leather BTW.This material (at least from the name''DERMATINI'')it can be used for car upholstery etc etc...
                    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
                      Thanks Mike..As i told before the owner told by the dealer that is a marine imitation of leather..Is that vinyl??it looks like leather BTW.This material (at least from the name''DERMATINI'')it can be used for car upholstery etc etc...
                      From experience, I haven't seen many open bow boats with leather seats so chances are very high they are in fact vinyl.

You could contact the manufacture and check with them for peace of mind plus it would show the owner you really go above and beyond the call of duty to look out for his best interest.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        From experience, I haven't seen many open bow boats with leather seats so chances are very high they are in fact vinyl.

You could contact the manufacture and check with them for peace of mind plus it would show the owner you really go above and beyond the call of duty to look out for his best interest.

it is not real leather for sure...I know that...So as you said the other option is too be a vinyl so i guess i have to go with vinyl cleaner/protection....
                        Thanks Mike
                        I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');