• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received my PC polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my PC polisher

I just received my G100 polisher from Meguiar's (in record time). I have no experience with a polisher, or detailing for that matter. I just want to review what I plan to do on my new metallic silver Miata. Wash with Meguiar's NXT carwash and dry. Quik clay surface. Wash again. DC cleaner applied with PC and 8006 pad. (speed 3-5) Let dry? Remove with cloth towel or Ultimate Bonnet (same speed?). Polish with DC polish or #7. I have both. I understand DC polish easier to remove, so if difference is subtle I'd rather use DC. Use 9006 at 2-4. ? Let dry? Remove with cloth towel or Ultimate Bonnet (2-4). Two coats of NXT Tech Wax. Apply using 8006 or 9006 at 2-4. Let dry 15-30 min. before removing with cloth towel or Ultimate Bonnet at 2-4. How long between coats, and if it is 12 to 24 hrs. do I have to wash car to remove dust/dirt between coats? Can all this be done in 1 day? Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks,
    '08 MX-5 Miata GT - Highland Green Mica with Saddle Brown Ragtop and Leather Interior

It sounds very good to me what you are planning to do...

post some pictures before the job and after the detailing

good luck with your new G-100A

Comment

Hi DarkWolf,

Congratulation on your new tool!

Here are some recommendations for using the G-100 with the product you have

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner/W-8006 foam polishing pad/4.0 to 5.0 speed setting
      Deep Crystal Polish/W-8006 foam polishing pad/4.0 to 5.0 speed setting
      NXT Tech Wax/W-9006 foam finishing pad/3.0 to 4.0 speed setting

I tend to use microfiber polishing cloths by hand to remove the cleaner and the polish and the microfiber bonnets for removing wax, but you can use the bonnets for removing the cleaner and the polish.

You want to place the bonnet over a clean, dry foam pad, the W-8006 or the W-7006 foam pads work best for this, the W-9006 foam finishing pad is a little too soft for removing wax.

Use a speed setting of at least 4.0 and 5.0 works best.

Use 3-5 pounds of pressure on the head of the unit for applying the paint cleaner, and a little less for the polish and the wax. For removing products with the bonnet, you need to use 4-6 pounds of pressure. It takes a little pressure with the bonnets to work effectively.

Good luck and have fun!

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Just received my PC polisher

Originally posted by DarkWolf
        I just received my G100 polisher from Meguiar's (in record time). I have no experience with a polisher, or detailing for that matter. I just want to review what I plan to do on my new metallic silver Miata. Wash with Meguiar's NXT carwash and dry. Quik clay surface. Wash again. DC cleaner applied with PC and 8006 pad. (speed 3-5) Let dry? Remove with cloth towel or Ultimate Bonnet (same speed?). Polish with DC polish or #7. I have both. I understand DC polish easier to remove, so if difference is subtle I'd rather use DC. Use 9006 at 2-4. ? Let dry? Remove with cloth towel or Ultimate Bonnet (2-4). Two coats of NXT Tech Wax. Apply using 8006 or 9006 at 2-4. Let dry 15-30 min. before removing with cloth towel or Ultimate Bonnet at 2-4. How long between coats, and if it is 12 to 24 hrs. do I have to wash car to remove dust/dirt between coats? Can all this be done in 1 day? Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks,
        dont let the DC1 and DC2 to dry just apply until you get a thin coat and then clean whit a MF towel. i dont know how many pads you have but just in case dont use the same pad for different products... very important don't forget to take pictures
        Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

Thanks, you've all been very helpful. I will take pictures before and after and post them.
          '08 MX-5 Miata GT - Highland Green Mica with Saddle Brown Ragtop and Leather Interior

Comment

Can't wait to see your results!

You will absolutely love the G-100A!

Chris
            Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Congrats on your new purchase! You won't regret it! I'm sure you'll get awesome results with it! Post before/after pics too! Good luck!
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Can someone tell me how to get pictures into my messages? I've still never had any luck with this....

Thanks
                -------------
                John 17:3
                -------------

Comment

Slats,

Here you go!

Tutorials on how to crop, resize, upload and insert your pictures into your messages

How-to Crop your photos before uploading them to your gallery

How to resize your photos using Easy Thumbnails - Free software!

Step-by-Step Picture-Posting HOW TO

Hope this helps!

Chris
                  Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Thanks mucho. Nice car BTW. I love Honda!
                    -------------
                    John 17:3
                    -------------

Comment

No problem, glad I could help!

Chris
                      Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
                      X