• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

medallion paint protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medallion paint protection

hi
    how does medallion paint protection compare with other
    meguiars wax/sealants.i have the impression that its not
    as popular as say #20 polymer sealant or even nxt.
    i purchased a bottle last summer and plan to use for the
    first time soon-when the weather improves.

does it work well as a last step product.

any idea about durability-would it last longer than #20
    under comparable conditions.

thanks for any info.
    Last edited by tom; Mar 13, 2004, 12:11 PM.

It's an excellent product, with a very clean look. It isn't as reflective as #20 polymer nor #16 carnuba; it's more like #26/Gold Class/NXT, a "darkening" product. It has a reputation for being very long lasting.

It's hard to parse the difference among so many excellent products. I have every wax that Meg's makes (except for #66). I'm not planning on giving any of them away. Sometimes I reach for this one, sometimes for that one. They're ALL good, from A1216 through the consumer and pro lines up to NXT; I even found a use for Gold Class (as a base for NXT).

Medallion is as good as any, in its own way. It's high on the beauty scale, and maybe the highest on the durability scale. Better looking, to me, are #26 and NXT. Gold Class looks about the same as Medallion. A1216, DC #3, #16, and #20 are all a step below those in my opinion (but like I said, how can one parse differences among excellent products? It's like choosing between Charlize Theron and Cameron Diaz). Someone else might rate these diffeerently, though.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

It's a very good product. If I were guessing I believe that part of the negative impressions people have is price. Price performance ratio considered it's a little on the high side but not all that bad.
      *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

I use it on all of the cars that I detail...I highly recommend it. Just be careful about getting it on your trim...It might be hard to get off.
        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
          It's an excellent product

Sometimes I reach for this one, sometimes for that one. They're ALL good,

Tom
          I agree !!
          If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

What's the average durabiltiy with MPPP? I'm thinking it maght be a good winter choice

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
              It's like choosing between Charlize Theron and Cameron Diaz
              Charlize Theron (BEFORE Monster that is), without a doubt!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bri9801
                What's the average durabiltiy with MPPP? I'm thinking it maght be a good winter choice
                I'm not sure about the average durability, but I get protection all through winter.
                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');