• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ASK] how to wipe cars correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ASK] how to wipe cars correctly

i wanna ask after i wash car with NXT car wash, how can we wipe the cars clean and dry without making any swirls?

i wash my car using MF sponge and NXT

my method is after washing:
    i use chamois to wipe off the water until left a little amount of water then i use MF(waffle pattern towel) to wipe it dry, i am wondering did i do any wrong using this method? hope anyone can help thx

Re: [ASK] how to wipe cars corectly

Hi, superbogel. Have you watched mike Phillip's video How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar Style!) yet? It's a great primer.

You might want to try blotting the water with the chamois instead of wiping, or just use the microfiber towels for drying and omit the chamois.

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

I personally have never had much luck with a chamois. I switched to the water magnets from Meguiars. I never had a issue with swirls since.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

superbogel ()
        (i can understand bahasa indonesia)

when you use chamois drying towels : instead than swipe/wipe, you dab the towel on the surface like Akimel said

1.spread the towel on a surface
        2. blot/dab the towel to soak up the water
        3. then move to another surface
        -"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Comment

absolutely watch this video by mike ....excellent job....keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by junbecks View Post
            superbogel ()
            (i can understand bahasa indonesia)

when you use chamois drying towels : instead than swipe/wipe, you dab the towel on the surface like Akimel said

1.spread the towel on a surface
            2. blot/dab the towel to soak up the water
            3. then move to another surface
            lol I am not superbogel anyways, its just the name haha

I purchased a cloth similar to water magnet called "Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel" but I still wipe it, and i dont bottle it, usually after i wash i wipe with chamois and after that i use the "Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel"

but after that swirls appear every where

Comment

You can not be sure your car is 100% free from dirt/grit after washing it. It just need a single tiny grit/dirt caught in the chamois/MF towel. When you wipe, then you have just got yourself new swirl. So, dont wipe. Instead, use the blotting technique. Blotting will greatly reduce the potential of inflicting any swirl.

Comment

Chamois Leather - genuine chamois leather is a unique and natural product, which is extremely soft, flexible, and absorbent. Typically chamois leather is used to dry off surfaces after washing; this is due to the absorbency and softness of the leather, the particles are held within the hollow fibre of the leather, eliminating abrasion.

The chamois needs to be damp, but not wet to work, it is made by splitting the skin into two pieces; the selected sheepskins are 100% cod oil tanned to give the luxurious, golden, soft finish that can absorb six times its weight of water, making them ideal for glass cleaning. Place the damp chamois flat on the paint surface and pull towards you

The inherent problem of any flat weave drying towel; is that it breaks the surface tension to ‘lift’ the water from the surface along with any protective wax. Modem synthetic materials have gained ground and the use of chamois is being replaced by Micro fibre waffle weave technology as they hold more water (approx. 5 times more water, therefore require wringing out less often) and will not `pull' wax from a paint surface as the ‘dimpled ‘pattern of the towel allows air pockets to break the surface tension and therefore will not allow ‘lift’ like a flat towel surface
                ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

If you really want to remove water with making swirls, use an electric leaf blower. You will look weird but trust me... it works perfectly and it's easy!

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                    Hi, superbogel. Have you watched mike Phillip's video How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar Style!) yet? It's a great primer.

You might want to try blotting the water with the chamois instead of wiping, or just use the microfiber towels for drying and omit the chamois.

Al
                    I just watched the video, and it's FULL of great info. Thanks, Al for posting a link to it!! Now I need to get one of those genuine sheepskin wash mitts. Unless Mike P. is using a different kind of mitt these days to wash his car, since the video was shot in 2006...

On a side note, my Mom lives in Roanoke, and we came to see her for Christmas. Wow, what a snow y'all had! It really was beautiful to see it. Now that I live down south a bit, I don't get to see such pretty snow anymore...I always loved seeing it, but HATED driving in it. Good to know someone from back home is so into car detailing like I am!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');