• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approaching dealerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approaching dealerships

Anyone have any suggestions on approaching Dealerships who dont have a detailing department?

or maybe sample flyers....or letters to send to dealerships to let them know you offer detailing?

Re: Approaching dealerships

Honestly, I think just go down in person and ask to speak with the general manager. I would dress accordingly, bring a flyer or two, and a notebook of your work. Let them know what your services are, give a pitch as to why they should consider you, and then go down the street and do it again at the next dealership.

Odds are, most dealerships have a service already working, BUT you just might cross one sometime that is unhappy with theirs and you might sneak in.

Comment

For what it's worth... dealerships don't pay much yet they expect the world and they want it done yesterday...

Most stories on this forum and other forums about detailers that have went after dealership business usually walk away from it with frustration a bad taste in their mouth.

Posted this week...

Shocked!

You'll be competing with the kind of hack car washers and detailers described in the link above.

That all said,

You don't know what you can do until you try...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I guess its still worth a shot....just gotta sit down and come up with an eye catching flyer.......thanks for the advice...

Comment

Dealers sometimes look for detailers to detail the car after someone purchases a car. I am possibly getting a job at a Nissan dealer as a detailer for cars when they are pruchased.
          Alex
          1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
          1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

What about approaching upscale dealers, like BMW and MB, as opposed to dealers like Honda and Toyota?

Locally, we have a used car lot that specializes in BMW's, MB's, and I have even seen a Ferrari on the lot. This crowd might be more interested in your services.

Good luck,
            LookingHard

Comment

I would suggest small and/or independent dealerships. The large chain dealerships usually have in house "detailers". Price your services accordingly (usually dealerships want a flat rate for your services and want a quick turnaround ..so expect to perform miracles on some trashed cars in order to have the volume).

Comment

I have found out myself ,that most dealers want you to do their really bad cars that will take a good 8 hours or more to do.Most aready have so called detailers,but they mainly do new car prep and freshen up cars for delivery as they sale them.I live in the south,Tennessee and the average price around here for a full detail is $125.00.To me its not worth messing with dealers because they always what something for nothing because of the valume of cars they sell.go for the individual customers and do good wash and vacs and you will make far more money doing that than spending 7 or 8 hours on a full detail.
                barry

Comment

Retail. Focus on Retail.

Dealers won't pay you for 60 days. And when another detailer offers $10 less, you'll be out of there...

It is a no win situation.

Retail.

Jim
                  If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

How about do both! pls delete

Comment

To answer your question do one for half price and show them the diference and maybe sugest to do there high end cars.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys...Ive already started on my flyers so I'll see how it goes..

Comment

For what it's worth... dealerships don't pay much yet they expect the world and they want it done yesterday...
                          Most stories on this forum and other forums about detailers that have went after dealership business usually walk away from it with frustration a bad taste in their mouth.

EXACTLY! I wouldn't even try. They won't pay close to what your worth.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');