• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mothers wax forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mothers wax forum?

Anyone ever taken a look at the mothers wax forum, boy is it dead, nothing really there for the die hard true detailer. It covers only the consumer line of their products and they really are inconsiderate when it comes to anyone else using anything but Mothers.

I posted a picture of my van and they saw a small Meguiar's decal on the bottom of my van. Said (yuk) to my Meguiar's decal, calling it second rate waxing. boy,they have alot to learn about having a good detailing forum where you can talk about all different brands of product.
    barry

Re: The Mothers wax form,it stinks

It's all about the people in the forum what makes it a great forum, that's why this is a one of a kind forum

Comment

I think i looked at it for about half a second.
      Schotography

Comment

Well some people don't know what there missing. I used to think Miguiar's wasn't all that, until I tired it! I've learned over the years not to bad mouth things I don't understand.
        Well I just scrolled through most of that site and it's not as big as Mig's but still allot of good info there. It's like a sports team some people love one and hate ALL others. I don't understand being so attached to a sports team either or any other "things".

Comment

Their forum is definitely weak compared to Meg's. I thought all they made was consumer products.
          2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
          2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

well, not every forum can be as good as MOL!
            2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Wax Forum
              Threads: 3,107, Posts: 19,079, Members: 2,740

MOL
              Threads: 26,365, Posts: 247,789, Members: 19,635

Hmmm, it seems MOL has a lot more activity

I'll admit it, I have some Mothers Chrome Polish and Back to Black, bought it about a year ago and still have some left so dont want to just toss a product into the trash if its working

Comment

Looked through it now...not too bad. Not as top notch as MOL, but not horrible in any way.

I agree with Mario, don't stick your self to one brand or thing and that brand or thing only. I often try out different brands products, I usually end back up with Meguiar's in my hand, but at least I went out and tried it.

Even companies like Meguiar's and Mothers test each others products and see where they can take a product and improve on the idea or what have you.

Ryan
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Just to chime in...

One of our forum rules requests that we don't bash other products, companies, or people. So lets try to discuss things in a way where we don't bash at the same time...

Mother's makes a lot of good product and like most product lines if you follow the basics,
                  1. Evaluate the condition of the surface
                  2. Choose the right product
                  3. Use good technique

Then you'll get good results.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                    .....Not as top notch as MOL, but not horrible in any way.
                    What a **** up!

Just kidding Ryan!

I've cruised through the Mothers forum for giggles, not my cup of tea at the moment. They have good products, but hanging on this site, I've learned to use Meguiars products and stick with using and continuing to learn to use them.

Like Mike said, evalute, use the right product, use good technique.
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Re: The Mothers wax forum?

you got to remember... everyone has their own preference on what products they like and just because you don't use theirs, doesn't mean it's any worse (same applies to a online forum). though i use more of Megs products, they also have some really good ones as well...

Comment

There is nothing wrong in evaluating other companies products. However just to dismiss another company because it is not your brand is just wrong. To each his own. What may work for you may not work for the next guy. Or vice versa.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Mother's makes good stuff. Used properly you get really great results. I must confess, I used Mother's products exclusively...until I tried a Meguiar's product. Then I tried another Meg's product and I noticed something...each one I tried gave me superior results compared to anything I have used before. I kept trying various Meg's products until I got to the point that all I buy is Meg's. Now, I use Meguiar's exclusively!!
                          1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
                          1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

Sorry if I was bashing the mothers forum,but it really ticked me off to have someone talk bad about a product I truly believe in and have been using for many years.
                            barry

Comment

I started out using Meg's products when I was 16 and used it for a few years. One day I was watching Overhaulin' that show on TLC where they fix up somebodies car and surprise them. They had Chip Foose on it promoting Mother's products and I was sold instantly. (Meg's, you really need to hire Foose) I bought a bunch of Mother's products and have used them with great results. They really taught me from their website how to properly wash and detail a car. It wasn't until recently I started using Meg's again and still have a lot of Mother's products I use often. Both are great products and I don't have any complaints about either product. Before I found MOL I used Wax Forum a lot and they really helped me. I think they are better for the beginner and MOL gets a lot more advanced for those who need it.

By the way they do offer a professional line but you have to order through them and they don't advertise it.
                              2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');