• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Age Of Wax.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Age Of Wax.......

A few years ago I had a motorcycle that I took great care of using Meguiars products.

After the bike was stolen I keep the wax products, but didn't bother to use them on my car because the finish was too far gone.

Now I have a new car ('97 accord) that I do want to take care of and have been using these products that are now probably ten years old.

The products seem to be doing ok but I just want to be sure there are no problems using such old wax.

Also, I think some of my issues are tree sap. What is the best way to deal with that.

Any thoughts?

LookingHard

Re: The Age Of Wax.......

10 years might be starting to push it.... As well as the fact that there are new/better products out now.

Not sure about sap.... clay can deal with mild sap, never had to deal with bad sap luckily...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr1525,

Thanks for the advice on the wax. In my tax bracket these products are really expensive so I want to hang onto it if possible.

After I posted I saw other questions about tree sap so I might have an answer for that one.

LookingHard

Comment

Take a look and see after shaking them if they are still separated (water and product), or if they mix together. They *might* work, but after sitting so long it really is suggested to use fresh products.

Maybe you can post some pictures of the products so we can see if it looks right or not...

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't currently own a camera but I may give it a try with my cell phone.

After shaking, there does not seem to be any separation of the product and the water and the products seem to be working but I just want to be sure I don't mess something up.

This car care stuff is a bit of work but it is also kinda fun.

Thanks for any thoughts.

LookingHard

Comment

Well, it wont hurt anything being old, it just might not work as well/protect as long.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As long as it looks, feels and smells right after shaking it’s probably just fine.

I’ve got stuff that old (and older) that’s still good.

Check out this thread from Joe: old school rub out?

PC.

Comment

If it mixes up well and looks like the right consistency, you should be ok. Try some out and see if you are happy with the results.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');