• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Ford Mustang Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Ford Mustang Photos

A "spy shot" of a hood in the factory:

The New Emblem

The first photos of the new Mustang (at a Mustang event a little while back):

The new Shelby Mustang at a Sears parking lot:

Shelby 'Vert

More on the way...

Re: 2010 Ford Mustang Photos

The V6 Mustang in...Grabber Blue!

The GT in Torch Red

GT Window Sticker

A 'Vert on the Street

Torch Red GT in the rain

Blue GT in the rain

The new interior

Official Ford Photos to come...

Comment

Ford Photos

Exterior

Interior

All photos came from
      http://www.themustangnews.com
      Let the discussion begin!

Comment

First off, the new emblem has a sleeker design to it (if that is to remain the new emblem). The headlights have a nice change to them from the 05-09 Mustangs.

I think the BIG difference in the new one is going to be the interior. From the looks and the description of it, it is going to actually be a somewhat luxury interior. It is a "soft touch" one piece dashboard with everything integrated into the dash rather than being placed on it. Real leather, real aluminum! No more painted plastic!

From TMN:
        09-18-08: In all of the revealing of details of the 2010 Ford Mustang in the past weeks, we are learning more about the car bit by bit. One of the chief complaints about the current Mustang is the cheaply executed interior. In the 2005-2009 Mustang, nearly every surface is a tappy hard plastic, surfaces from one part to another are not consistent, and many of them don’t fit together well.

Ford has heard us loud and clear they say. While continuing with the same classic Mustang interior design theme, they have worked to expand on the design but add more quality and fine detail. “The double-brow design is a critical part of Mustang interior DNA,” says Robert Gelardi, senior designer. “But it’s been modernized and integrated into a one-piece, dramatically sculptured instrument panel, executed with the highest levels of fit and finish.”

To the criticism of all that hard plastic that we keep complaining about, they have replaced the entire dash assembly with a new soft touch one piece unit. “Hard-plastic instrument panels are a thing of the past,” adds Gary Morales, design manager. “The 2010 Mustang instrument panel is exquisitely crafted in soft seamless TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) skin, fully encompassing genuine aluminum trim. Every line, proportion and surface has been carefully optimized to create an exciting cohesive driving environment.”

More design morality comes in the form of genuine materials used in trims. Good times are here again with the use of genuine aluminum trim instead of faked out plastic. “The Mustang is about honest, real American muscle,” says Jennifer Atanasovski, color and materials designer. “Therefore, silver paint was not acceptable - real aluminum with the soft IP and high quality leather was essential.”

Ford has now settled into a regimented teasing of dripping one official photo out per week to pull the skin off the onion so to speak. Last week we got a half dozen photos that show little things. This week we were given the single interior shot that lets us see more. They are having fun with this!

“Today’s photo really shows the shape and sculpture we put in the design,” says Gelardi. “The engine and transmission are the heart of the Mustang, so all the lines expand outward from this central nucleus of power: Notice the dramatic sweep of the aluminum panels, and how the exhaust-inspired air registers and fully circular gauges appear drilled into and precisely inset into the metal,” he says.

What that photo shows indeed is a better looking execution of the interior through fit and finish. We obviously want to see more in the way of colors and finishes. The console face rises higher into the dash and now includes Ford’s “poke through” radio and HVAC components, which by the way have a way high quality feel in their buttons and action. The square vents above the console hark to the 1967-68 Mustangs as well. Best yet, the door panels show that the speaker grilles have been moved up higher in the door. The cheap looking round grill from the 2005-2009 Mustang is gone.

“The world-class fit and finish, strong yet modern connection to Mustang heritage, and upgraded materials make this a standout interior,” says chief designer Douglas Gaffka.

We obviously hold final judgment until the day we sit in the car and do the grip and grab test, but it is looking better and better.
        There is much more info over at TMN, such as an article about the Ford photos and the exterior.

Comment

I wouldn't mind owning a nice convertible Mustang someday...can't wait to see full, normal pictures of the 2010.

Comment

looks like a nice car, cant say ive ever seen one up close though, dont sell many over hear.

Comment

They do look good. Thanks for all the info, Tyler.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks like it's on the right track

Comment

Hey guys. I was trying to find pictures of it but was unsuccessful, but do you guys remember the 2005 concept's tail lights? They were longer, almost touching the GT symbol in the middle. I think think that looked SO nice. IMO, not enough of a change for 2010, and if they didn't add independent rear suspension, it may have trouble competing with the Camaro.

If anyone can find pictures of these tail lights, i'd love to see them again.

Comment

I get goose bumps when I see it. I can't wait. One thing I do not like is the spoiler, it looks awesome without it. Grabber blue, my absolute most favorite mustang color. I like that Ford is going to more of a 67/68 fastback style. 05-09 mustangs are more of the retro look of a 65/66. That shelby is cool. Ford is on the right track but I think they need to bring it out half way through 2009 b/c there sales are falling and if they bring it out it will sky rocket sales. Ford is on the right track. I like that they put the retro look of the 68 and if they keep doing this and then they should make the next one after the 2010 the look of a 69/79 look. If Ford puts a stroked 302 that would be awesome then the can make the Boss 302 again, to bad they can't bore it out they could try but then the cylinder walls would be very thin.
                    Alex
                    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by APR Tuned View Post
                      Hey guys. I was trying to find pictures of it but was unsuccessful, but do you guys remember the 2005 concept's tail lights? They were longer, almost touching the GT symbol in the middle. I think think that looked SO nice. IMO, not enough of a change for 2010, and if they didn't add independent rear suspension, it may have trouble competing with the Camaro.

If anyone can find pictures of these tail lights, i'd love to see them again.
                      I know what you mean by longer tailights. The 05 concept had the cougar style tailights from 67/68 like sequentials. I have a pic of it somewhere let me find it.
                      Alex
                      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I tryed looking for the concept from 05 on my old external hardrive and it does not have it. I know I have a pic somewhere.

I found it but I scanned it on my scanner from a film pic. It is not a great one b/c it was shot on a throw away camera. Now you can see the diffenece from concept to concept, to me that 05 concept looks a lot a like between the two. the main similarity I see is the back deck lid, it is softer and rounder like the new one.it is amazing how car companies take lines from other cars they have designed in the past.
                        Last edited by 03mach1; Oct 10, 2008, 08:51 AM. Reason: add a pic and info
                        Alex
                        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Any one take note of the window sticker's text? Just curious to see if any catches it...

Comment

So... . in 2010 they are all going to be painted like a cow?

J/K - Can't wait to see one!
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                              Any one take note of the window sticker's text? Just curious to see if any catches it...
                              I noticed that it has no prices for options and a base price for the vehicle and it does not say what the fuel MPG is.
                              Alex
                              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');