• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bar Scam??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Scam??

Most likely... I was out at a Dance Club in Pittsburgh, Barroom. I got offered a free shot by 2 ladies walking around if I fill out a 3 line contest drawing. So i put down my email addy name and phone number. Well actually I put down my ladys number. haha. She got a call this evening stating Im one in 5 that got picked to win a PT Cruser, Dodge Durango or 25k in cash. I'll get a key and info in the mail on where to go in a couple weeks. I dont have to buy anything or sign up for anything. I really cant wait to read what comes in the mail as I know this is total BS.. Anyone else deal with this while out at a bar or where ever?

Re: Bar Scam??

Been to bars and clubs more times than I can count since I was 18, and have never heard of such a thing. Nashville has quite a selection on both bars and clubs so I have been to most of them, and never heard of that. Maybe it's real..
    '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
    '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Seems like a twist on an old marketing "fishing" game. Offer the mark a free trinket, drink, etc just "fill" out some quick info, and immediately you get a call about winning a car/vacation/etc. Probably would have to listen to a sales pitch for a product, time share, etc. No thanks.

Comment

Yeah, if you think about it..how can a company or whatever they are, give out free drinks and money and cars? What are they getting out of it? Your number and info to open up a sales pitch...But, I'll watch for the papers in the mail..

Comment

Originally posted by new2detailing View Post
          Seems like a twist on an old marketing "fishing" game. Offer the mark a free trinket, drink, etc just "fill" out some quick info, and immediately you get a call about winning a car/vacation/etc. Probably would have to listen to a sales pitch for a product, time share, etc. No thanks.
          That's exactly what it is. It's called a "lead" and your info is sold to other boiler room operations who will call you with "You won a vacation! Only $298.00 for 4 days 3 nights in the Bahamas!"
          Heatgain (Gary)
          The Irate Magistrate
          Neutral & Detached

Comment

Well I talked in more detail to my wife about the call. I got the number they called from (740) 432-7855 Cardena Resort. Did a little internet searching on them. Others have complained about this complany as well. Our info was sourced from a car give away at our local mall. Thought the company hosting the car giveaway was legit. Guess not.. Nothing is free in this world..

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond4646 View Post
              Nothing is free in this world..
              You got that right my man.
              '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Glad to see some other Nashvillians on the forum. Like Lexus_Guy, I have never seen anything like this in my travels across the South. I have run quite a few bar promos and the best thing we gave out was $100. There are some things you can pickup in a bar, but $25K isn't one of them!
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

A way of getting leads that can be sold to many companies. Rent Glengarry Glen Ross. Good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                    Glad to see some other Nashvillians on the forum. Like Lexus_Guy, I have never seen anything like this in my travels across the South. I have run quite a few bar promos and the best thing we gave out was $100. There are some things you can pickup in a bar, but $25K isn't one of them!
                    Are you from Nashville Colonel? I haven't seen anyone else on here from Tennessee, let alone Nashville.
                    '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Huh, no worries here in CA for that. Giving away alcohol is illegal...

Comment

You know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. This sounds so fishy.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Lexus Guy04 View Post
                          Are you from Nashville Colonel? I haven't seen anyone else on here from Tennessee, let alone Nashville.
                          Yes sir! I live in Donelson (near the airport).
                          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond4646 View Post

Nothing is free in this world..
                            Our Saturday classes are free, well you do have to register with the forum and reply to a sign-up thread but that's free...

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');