• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Cleaning

How/how often do you guys clean all your equipment? Do you clean your buckets and grit guards after each wash? Do you put your mitt in the washing machine or just rinse+hang dry it? What about the other stuff? I'm talking about for your own personal vehicle BTW. Obviously, your company has more streamlined cleaning methods. Thanks!
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Equipment Cleaning

I rinse my bucket and grit gaurd after every wash. Every so often I'll spray some APC in and let it soak with my wash mitts. Depending on how bad the Jeep was I'll wash my wash mitts every time or at least every other time. Mitts go in the washing machine then sit on a drying rack to dry. Microfibers get washed mostly after each use.
    Scott

Comment

Yeah, I rinse buckets/grit guards.... more or less hand wash the mitts, wash/dry MF towels in the machine, then seperately terry cloth ones.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I rinse my buckets out (and grit guards) PRIOR to each use to make 100% sure it didn't get dusty or contaminated while stored.

As for cleaning other stuff, I try to clean my pads the night I finish on my Padwasher 2000.

Comment

I'll clean the buckets and the grit guards after a detail and before he next detail session starts. Hand wash all the mitts and the yellow applicator pads and hang to dry. MFs - machine wash. Pads (old yellow/maroon/tan) washed by hand/Padwasher and new ones (2.0) in the machine.
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

I don't clean the buckets/grit gaurds after a wash, just before the next wash, no need to waste the water to do it twice. I wash my microfibers and mitts whenever I need too, I have about 100 microfibers and 5 wash mitts, so I can do about 7-8 cars before I need to wash everything.

Ryan
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I generally try to wash everything after the days detail is done.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Cleaned the buckets after using them ensures the chances of dirt/other contaminants not being stucked to the bucket and/or grit guards. Cleaning the buckets (simply rinsing them- fill small amount of water in, dump water out) is to ensure no sand/dust in the buckets before starting the washing session (thts before I got my gamma seals). Very dusty at my place here. MFs - I've clean them after every session eventhough I have around 2++ pcs of them. Faster you get the dirt out, lesser risk of it being stucked in the fibres.
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

I rinse and dry the grit guards and buckets right after I finish. If I used my G110 I disassemble and put it back in it's case. I try to save up MF's to get a decent size load, but will wash only a couple of wheel MF's by themselves to prevent cross contamination.

I examine each MF as I take it out of the washer to make sure there isn't any contamination stuck in the fibers then hang them on plastic clothes hangers to dry. After they dry, I fold them and put them in marked ziplock freezer bags.

My wife tells me she's thinking about having me committed.

Mike
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I wash/rinse my bucket when I'm done, I just reuse the water and soap that is left and wash it with it.

My wash mitts and MF towels I wash it the same day as well

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');