• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother-in-law's White '07 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother-in-law's White '07 G6

Hey everyone,

I detailed my mother-in-law’s Pontiac G6 today. Her car is white and was in need of a good polish and waxing. I know Mike Phillips has a post on his dislike of white paint and I agree with him. It is really hard to make white have any kind of depth to its reflections, but I was amazed at the end results. My Aspen White WRX that I had never got the reflections to it that I was able to achieve on the G6 today. With white paint you usually can only make it shine really well with little to no real depth to the reflections. I will let some of the final reflection photos speak for themselves. I used my usual plan of attach and used my g-100 and #80. Here is a more descriptive process. I first started off with a good hose down to get any loose dirt from the finish. I used Safe Degreaser with a foaming sprayer to pre-treat the lower body work of the entire car, I let it dwell for about 5 minutes, and I ended up having to use a Meguiars body brush to scrub off all of the stuck on road grime before I washed the car. I washed using Meguiars Hyper Wash. After a good drying I clayed with Meguiars Detailer Line mild clay with Last Touch cut 50/50 as my clay lube. After taping off all of the rubber and plastic trim work I started my polishing phase. Like I said earlier I used the g-100, #80, and a few 8006 polishing pads to bring on the shine and correct the paint. I then had to make a very hard choice on my LSP. I have 21, NXT, 26, and 16 available to put on. I decided to do something a bit different than I have in the past. I will usually put on 2 coat of one LSP and call it a day, but today I used 2 different LSP’s. I first used M21 via the pc with a 9006-finishing pad. After I remove that I gave it about an hour before I put on a coat of 16. For whatever reason this combo seemed to really make the white paint really pop to life with a really good shine and very impressive depth to the reflections. I did not take any pre-wash pictures only after the wash and final shots. Here are my before and after photos. I hope everyone enjoys this write up and any comments are welcome.

Andrew

BEFORES

AFTERS

REFLECTIONS

These last three pictures in my opinion really show the depth that I was able to achieve.

2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: Mother-in-law's White '07 G6

very nice job!
    It's hard to get reflection from white but you really achieved something there

Comment

Great work, especially on a white car

Comment

The car looks great. The reflections are tremendous for white paint. Looks great. Way to go. Great work.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I too own a white car (08 Accord V6 in white diamond pearl). I really like the results you got from using two different LSP's. Looks great! Try the same process on your WRX and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamtrco4life View Post
            Try the same process on your WRX and let us know how it turns out.
            I wish I could, but I sold it 2 years ago.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by onawrxhigh View Post
              I wish I could, but I sold it 2 years ago.

Andrew
              Duh... hence the "1999 Green F-150" lol sorry

Comment

Originally posted by hondamtrco4life View Post
                Duh... hence the "1999 Green F-150" lol sorry
                Thats correct lol

Comment

Nice work, pretty darn good reflection shots there considering it's a white car.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    Nice work, pretty darn good reflection shots there considering it's a white car.
                    Thanks for the comment Mike especially knowing you stance on white. I don't know if it was just particular white paint or just the right lsp combo but it even surprised me.

Andrew

Comment

you have done a great job on the white car, mind you i have seen some products that do brilliant jobs on silvers and whites etc.

Comment

Very nice result. And thanks for the write-up. I found it very useful.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');