• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class liquid vs paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class liquid vs paste

Which one to try? I've only used liquid waxes so far and find them very easy to apply by hand. However, I've read that paste versions give more bang for the buck because it's harder to use too much product.

Re: Gold Class liquid vs paste

Same product, just personal preference...as to the more bang for the buck, haven't actually calculated how much more or less I use, but thats also a user controlled variable, so its up to you.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I have never noticed a better result with either, but I prefer liquid. It seems more efficient.
      -Freeman

Comment

curious about this excerpt from the faq:

Which is type of wax is better, a paste wax or a liquid wax?

The difference between paste and liquid wax is primarily one of convenience and personal preference. Meguiar's liquid formulas provide the same protection as paste, and are easier and faster to apply.

That said, there is something about spending a Saturday afternoon, leisurely applying a traditional paste wax to your pride and joy that people find both enjoyable and rewarding. This is especially true when the results from their efforts reflect their passion with an eye dazzling shine that makes passersby stop and look… and then look again.

Comment

If I am in a hurry, on a vehicle I just did a full correction on (and thus it is already taped, and the buffer is out and ready to go) I will go with a liquid and machine apply it.

If I didn't do a correct first I typically find it quicker to just do it by hand and take my time around trim and plastic instead of taping it off.

Aside from preference and time savings, they should behave almost identical after application.

Comment

Its all a matter of technique when applying waxes. Some people prefer light coats, some prefer heavy ones. For me, I noticed that when I use paste, I tend to use heavy coats (which killed me on Collonite 476) and for liquids, I tend to put super thin coats that I can barely see on any of my cars. I now use my PC to apply any paste out there since I still cannot master the thin coat with the hard stuff

Know how you use different types of products, it'll help you on future jobs/purchases
            Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

It is all a matter of personal preference. Same great results, either form of wax.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

From what I've found, the liquid wax is easier to distribute and apply to the surface. When using paste wax, I would sometimes dig a little deep into the can and get a big glob of wax on the pad. Not a horrible thing, just pointing out a difference that I've noticed. The results are the same regardless of what application source.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Ive use both paste and liquid and both have yielded splending results. I agree with the rest of the crowd, its all a matter of personal preference.

Comment

yup, its personal preference. If you would like to apply wax on machine, liquid would be the choice..some ppl perference liquid on hand as its easy to apply but paste does last longer as you won't use as much as liquid.

Just my though

Comment

As everyone has stated, it really comes down to personal preference. Some have been using paste for years and simply want to stick with what they know, and what they are familiar with. With either paste or liquid a little bit of product goes a long way.
                      Rick McDonough
                      Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
                      Meguiar's Inc.
                      1.800.854.8073 * 3853
                      rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by i pamper my corolla View Post
                        curious about this excerpt from the faq:

That said, there is something about spending a Saturday afternoon, leisurely applying a traditional paste wax to your pride and joy that people find both enjoyable and rewarding.

What about this portion? All it's saying is there's a nostalgia for some people to apply a paste wax instead of a liquid as in the old days almost all waxes were pastes, not liquids.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks I got the paste version yesterday.

It says it's a "clear coat" car wax, so does this mean I can't apply it on single stage paints?

Comment

A clear-coat safe product will work on any paint, single stage or CC.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this what paste is supposed to look like?

It's one solid block

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');