• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Static Cling Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static Cling Reminders

Has anyone used static cling reminder stickers/labels for their detailing business? I'm talking about the small 2" x 2" or smaller labels that are used by a lot of oil change shops for reminding when another service should be due.

I was even thinking of a similar static cling that just had my business' information, logo, phone # and web address. I can get custom ones made really cheap, I just wanted to get everyone's feedback on the idea. Thanks!
    Forever New
    Mobile Detailing
    Jacksonville, FL

Re: Static Cling Reminders

Not a bad idea...I could see some clientele not liking it (I for one tear those things off), but for some it could be great. You could put a follow-up date on it as well.

Comment

I think its a good idea. I would definitely put in the next detail date. I think it would work.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

These do work, for me at least. I made my own actually. At Office Depot, or Office Max, do not remember, but they sell the static cling paper. It is the store brand. Designed some up, printed them on my printer, and started using them. I found that a detail due date did not really work. It was more of, they look up and see your info and they say "hey, my car is dirty, I need to call So and So Detailing".
        I still have some clients from 3 years ago with them still on the window. (though I had to replace them a few times)

A little story... A client of mine sold their vehicle a year or so ago. I had a static cling on the windshield. The new owner contacted me after seeing it.... Still working on that car......

I'll try to get some pics up... think they are on my other computer...

Comment

Originally posted by Tex Star Detail View Post
          These do work, for me at least. I made my own actually. At Office Depot, or Office Max, do not remember, but they sell the static cling paper. It is the store brand. Designed some up, printed them on my printer, and started using them. I found that a detail due date did not really work. It was more of, they look up and see your info and they say "hey, my car is dirty, I need to call So and So Detailing".
          I still have some clients from 3 years ago with them still on the window. (though I had to replace them a few times)

A little story... A client of mine sold their vehicle a year or so ago. I had a static cling on the windshield. The new owner contacted me after seeing it.... Still working on that car......

I'll try to get some pics up... think they are on my other computer...
          Interesting! Please do...

Comment

I have a really good friend of mine who has been a commercial graphics/vinyl guy for almost 20 years who will be making them. Hes got a new machine that will also die cut the label, in case you want a car shape, round, square with rounded edges etc. The cost is roughly $25 a square foot depending on colors(so how ever many labels you can pack into a 12"x12" space. Mine are going to be 2" wide by 1.5" for a total of 48 labels per square foot, so roughly $0.52 each. Thats a lot better than the $2+ each I have found online for custom static clings.
            Forever New
            Mobile Detailing
            Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Here are mine. (Actual Size.... easier to read in person)

I need to re-do them...

Comment

Mine are only going to be black on clear, no color this time around. I want to judge feedback from my clients on them first before spending more on them. Ill be getting them done tomorrow so as soon I can, I'll post up a pic of them. I think they will be a useful tool in getting repeat customers from some that normally dont go with the same service provider all of the time. I like the idea of keeping my company's info fresh in their mind. It may even spur some more referral business.
                Forever New
                Mobile Detailing
                Jacksonville, FL

Comment

I think that is a great idea. And then maybe you will keep them as a customer because they have a little reminder. I think for those of you who may think some people may not like it, you could ask if they want one. I do not know how much this would cost but maybe you could make little magnetic ones so they can put them on their fridge if they do not want it in their car.
                  Joel
                  Firefighter/EMT-B
                  Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                  "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                  '99 F-150

Comment

As far as magnets on the fridge. I use a business card. They make magnets that you stick a business card to. Actually sell them at walmart and office stores. When I have a new client, I leave a business card and a business card magnet on their console when I am finished. I think the brand was Magna Card.

Comment

Ive done the magnet business cards before with other work and made them myself as well. Really easy to do, the magnet is a pre-cut sticker that you just apply to the back of your cards. I've never really got feedback on those before, so thats why Im going to try the static cling reminder. Again, at only $0.50 each, its cheap and I think if even 20-30% of people keep them it will be worth it.
                      Forever New
                      Mobile Detailing
                      Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Got my clings done today, sorry the pic is a little fuzzy I took it with my phone and placed a quarter next to it for size reference, they are 2" x 1.5". Here's the pic.:
                        Forever New
                        Mobile Detailing
                        Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Looking good. Those should stand out. Let us know how they work for you.

Comment

Has anyone have some Static Clings sample? If anyone have then please share. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');