• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

roushstage2's 21-13B, 21-09B, and 21-21A Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roushstage2's 21-13B, 21-09B, and 21-21A Review

Initial Thoughts:

21-13B
    Smell- Kinda smells like lotion.

Look- Light blue/green cream, like M66.

21-09B
    Smell- Has a light cinnamon smell to it.

Look- Peach colored cream

21-21A
    Smell- Fruit Punch Kool-Aid

Look- Kinda like a QD; Milky white liquid.

IMO, the first two "work" a bit different than M82 and M83 (what I would consider their current versions based on their descriptions). My guess so far is that they use the same "Super-Micro" type of abrasives that M105 use, instead of the diminishing because they didn't need to be worked in very long at all. The spray, based on the description, seems to be something like M135/UQD. I have not been able to test this one yet.

MORE TO COME....
    The sun was going down and I didn't have the light to get good pictures (I do have a few good ones of each, but I don't want to tease anyone with just one picture of each ), so I will work on it a bit more tomorrow with more light. Plus, I have had a terrible migraine for a couple of days and it is still going so I am going to try and relax the rest of the day...

Re: My 21-13B, 21-09B, and 21-21A Review

Went outside and took pictures with the camera's flash. Just about as good as the sun, so on with the show.

Tests were done by hand with a hi-tech applicator pad because I figured just like last time, most would use the PC and I didn't have any extra pads. 2 well worked applications. Removed with a microfiber towel. Testing was done on my 2003 Patriot Blue Metallic Dodge Neon which lucky me, has super hard paint, yay!

Before Pictures- As you can see, this car has a swirl problem!

Products and Instructions

Test Instructions

Sections on the hood of the car

Last edited by roushstage2; Oct 20, 2008, 06:43 PM. Reason: Changed "D/A" to "PC"

Comment

I thought you were posing as He-Man on the last picture..lol
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

21-13B

Product with specific instructions

After testing the product as described above
        These two pictures are using the sun as a light source:

These next three are using the camera's flash as a light source:

Ease of Application (1-10): 10. I had no problems applying this product. Did not gum up at all. I did do this test on a semi-warm panel, so my work time was not too long (or as long as it could have been), but it seems this product was not affected by it.

Ease of Removal (1-10): 10. I had no problems removing this product. A simple wipe with a microfiber towel completely removed the product. No smearing or streaks left behind.

Defect Removal (1-10): 10. Considering this product was made to remove "very light" defects, and the paint is super-hard, I must give this a 10 because of the amount of defects it removed for being a light cleaner.

Gloss: Considering this is a paint cleaner, it still left a very nice, almost wet-looking, gloss behind. It doesn't leave behind that absolute wet-look like M07 does, but again for a cleaner, a pretty dang good job!

As you can see, there is a very good amount of reduction of swirls even though this product is for removing " very light swirls and towel marks." M80 with a PC hardly did anything to this paint, and here by hand, this product did more correcting.

Comment

Nice review. Do you think this is a new ColorX or ScratchX?
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

Cool.

I can't wait for you to review the product for removing "moderate to heavy swirls, scuffs, stains and oxidation".
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

21-09B

Product with specific instructions

After testing the product as described above
              These three pictures are using the sun as a light source:

These next three pictures are using the camera's flash as a light source:

(It doesn't seem [now] that I worked it in too well close to the edge...)

Ease of Application (1-10): 10. I had no problems applying this product. Did not gum up at all. I did do this test on a semi-warm panel, so my work time was not too long (or as long as it could have been), but it seems this product was not affected by it.

Ease of Removal (1-10): 10. I had no problems removing this product. A simple wipe with a microfiber towel completely removed the product. No smearing or streaks left behind.

Defect Removal (1-10): 10. This product was made to remove "moderate to heavy swirls, scuffs, stains and oxidation." Considering the paint is super-hard, I have to give this a 10 as well. You can see in the pictures how much of the defects were removed (A LOT) and it was all by hand with a foam applicator pad! A part of the perfect 10 score for this product was it seems to have removed more defects by hand in this test section than I was able to remove on another section of the car with 3 passes of M83 and the PC! Taking into account the hardness of the paint, application method and applicator material itself, this product did an absolutely OUTSTANDING job IMO!!

Gloss: Being that this product is a moderate-heavy duty paint cleaner, it left a very nice, almost wet-looking, gloss behind. It doesn't leave behind that absolute wet-look like M07 does, but again for a moderate-heavy duty cleaner, a much better job than expected!

As you can see, there is a considerable amount of reduction of swirls! Three passes of M83 with a PC hardly did anything to this paint, and here by hand, this product did more correcting.

"Author's Note: For Ease of Application and Ease of Removal, I used the same notes as 21-13B because both of these products IMO performed the same in these areas (extremely well!). I'd imagine that with a more aggressive application material (terry cloth hand applicator or a polishing/cutting pad (depending on the brand and how they label their pads) on the PC, these results should be even better. One reason, that I mentioned above, that I wanted to do it by hand is so those working by hand can see how well it works using this specific method of application while using the "down the middle of the road" in terms of the aggressiveness of the application material (foam compared to terry or microfiber) on a hard paint worked. If you have softer paint, you should be able to achieve better results."

Comment

Since I got these two done today, I will get to work on some tests with 21-21A. I have one idea for a test, based on the description, that will hopefully turn out the way I am thinking it will.

If so, this would be the perfect after-wash product. I will explain that in a bit more detail later as not to (hopefully, anyways) give my test idea away. Surprises, surprises...

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                  I thought you were posing as He-Man on the last picture..lol
                  Well, I am. Didn't anyone tell you?

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                  Nice review. Do you think this is a new ColorX or ScratchX?
                  New Scratch-X? IMO- no as it doesn't say to stick to a small, confined area like you should with Scratch-X.

New ColorX? IMO- no as there is not protection ability in this product. It isn't an all-in-one like ColorX. I am not sure about how much, if any, polish is in this product though it does seem that there is some...

*Note to those reading this: this is in regards to 21-13B. I hadn't posted the review of 21-09B yet...*

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                  Cool.

I can't wait for you to review the product for removing "moderate to heavy swirls, scuffs, stains and oxidation".
                  I was finishing it up while you were typing! Read away!

Comment

Hey Tyler,

Nice review and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do this as I know it does take time and patience to do a review. I can't wait to try out these new products personally. Hope your head feels better soon.

Andy
                    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hi Tyler,

Good review and pictures. I'm looking forward to your last installment.

Mike
                      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Tyler,

Good job on the review,pics and testing. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Can't wait for your final installment. Good work.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Tyler, nice job.
                          Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Comment

WOW! Amazing results with a foam applicator by hand!
                            Did you use a lot of passion, did you have the vehicle rocking?
                            Heatgain (Gary)
                            The Irate Magistrate
                            Neutral & Detached

Comment

Great review Tyler!

I'm really liking the new products so far too. I haven't used the light polish yet but will soon.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');