• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21-09B vs 2500 grit sanding marks by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21-09B vs 2500 grit sanding marks by hand

I received three samples to try out and post my findings. This review is for 21-09B by hand vs 2500 grit sanding marks. I was told this is for removing moderate to heavy swirls, scuffs, stains and oxidation. It does not contain any LSP. Methods of application are hand, orbital or DA polisher.

My first test was by hand on the same panel and same sanding marks I tested M105 on. (That thread can be found here.) I will be posting another test using the G110.

Here is a photo showing the state of the panel before. The sanding marks on the left are from 2500 unit grit paper. The marks on the right are from 600 grit paper. I just want to point out that when I did the 600 grit sanding it ended up getting quite a few deeper marks. These marks were tracers from the grit coming out of the paper and working into the clear.

Here you are looking at the results of an application by hand using the yellow foam Meguiar’s applicators. The area above the tape is from the M105 test. I did a 50/50 IPA wipe down of the area before this photo. I also did a wipe down of the M105 area just to see if that would change at all. The light is a 500W halogen. I taped off the 600 grit area because I didn’t want the tracers to interfere with the real test results. However if you look over to the right, it did a very impressive job. Judging by these results I’m wondering if this isn’t a DA friendly version of M105! I was very impressed with the results. I would say it's a bit wetter than M105 but not as much as M95.

Scott

Re: 21-09B vs 2500 grit sanding marks by hand

Interesting...keep the info and the pictures flowing!

Comment

M105 2.0?
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Interesting observations. I hope you are right. Thanks again Scott.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
          However if you look over to the right, it did a very impressive job. Judging by these results I’m wondering if this isn’t a DA friendly version of M105! I was very impressed with the results. I would say it's a bit wetter than M105 but not as much as M95.

That would be excellent! 105 is way too dry for me. I have used it via hand, DA(at my own risk), and rotary. By hand, 105 is a life saver around nooks and crannies. The finish you get with 105(after the dust wipe down) is just amazing.

Your reviews are fantastic and appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');