• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21-09B with G110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21-09B with G110

Here's my test of 21-09B with the G110. See my review by hand here also.

Panel before. I don't know, anyone see any swirls!

Now after one pass with the G110. I used a 4" white LC pad on speed 5. The panel has a lot of curve to it so I wanted to use the smaller pad. The area with the 21-09B is in the upper right.

Here's a few more afters. I did a 50/50 IPA wipe down for these photos. After the wipe down I didn't notice any difference.

I really like the new product. It had a longer working time than M105 and seemed to do the same amount of defect removal. All but the very deepest marks where removed with one pass. This panel was paint down on concrete before I had it so there are some deep ones. I loved M105 but wanted a product with a bit more working time and DA friendly. Could this be that product?!?!

The only thing I would change is the name. 21-09B just doesn't roll of the tongue. How about something starting with M?
    Scott

Re: 21-09B with G110

Very nice finish. I'm holding off on the M105 purchase to see more about this product.

Also, what is 50/50 IPA? The only IPA I'm familar with is "India Pale Ale" and it wouldn't work very well on paint.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

That is straight insane that a single pass with a DA could remove what are clearly VERY deep scratches/swirls.

Any chance you can get some angle and straight on shots with the halogen over the area you use the product on? (In the pics it's off to the left in the untested spot)

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
      Very nice finish. I'm holding off on the M105 purchase to see more about this product.

Also, what is 50/50 IPA? The only IPA I'm familar with is "India Pale Ale" and it wouldn't work very well on paint.
      M105 will still have a different use, at least for rotary users.

IPA is an acronym for iso-propyl-alcohol, aka rubbing alcohol. It is used to remove possible polishing oils or "fillers" to show the true condition of the paint after polishing.

Comment

What Meguiars pad is the LC white equivalent to?

Comment

Originally posted by OhioCarBuff View Post
          Probably very similar to a normal yellow buffing pad, possibly a bit less aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
            Any chance you can get some angle and straight on shots with the halogen over the area you use the product on?
            I can do that. In fact I took these but didn't post them.

This one looked a bit out of focus.

This one the frame of the halogen looked too much like marring that wasn't removed. If you look at the line to the left and below the light, it's shaped like an "L", I'm pretty sure that's the frame of the light not a mark on the clear.

I'll be sure to get a few better pictures. Heck if I see the sun again maybe I can get a sun picture.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by OhioCarBuff View Post
              Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
              Probably very similar to a normal yellow buffing pad, possibly a bit less aggressive.
              Agreed. It's really close to the yellow as far as I can tell. I'll have to step up the search for a flat practice panel this winter.
              Scott

Comment

Call around to some body shops, I know they always have some old panels laying around. I'll be keeping the bumper from my Volvo that someone hit today. It was in bad shape and I really needed a new bumper, so it was a good thing.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Nice review. It is amazing that all those defects were removed with just one pass. Nice review and write up. Thanks a lot.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

If this is a DA friendly 105, Meg's will be the shiznit!
                    Thanks for the reviews..........you making savings accounts treble!
                    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');