• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly Getting a DA in December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly Getting a DA in December

After thinking a while, I am thinking about getting a Dual Action Polisher. Since I really started getting into detailing and switching over to mostly Meguiars products this summer I have thought about getting a DA. But the real thing that pushed me over the edge and saying I really want one was the thread Ryan L (click link to the thread http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279570)did about the possible new product. The thread showed his Mom's Odyssey and him trying out the product on his homemade swirl marks. The pictures showed before and afters of the van with the product. I always knew that using a DA is better than by hand and from experience I am sure it is easier too. I am planning on getting the Power Kit from Meguiars.com. I was wondering if you guys thought I should get anything else besides what comes in the power kit or suggest a different place to buy the G110 for cheaper, but with similar stuff. As some of you may know I have done my neighboors cars, and one of them they are trying to sell, but has dents and lots of miles. I want to kick my detailing up to the next level, so that the results can be better and I can get some different customers and may start my own little neighborhood business in the spring. During the summer I thought about starting a business, but I was nervous, and scared because I did not think I would get any customers, and because I did not have all the details worked out. If you guys want to see my prices I had picked out for this summer I will give the to you just give me a person messege. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Re: Possibly Getting a DA in December

Also since I am a kid this would be the equivalent of my Christmas present, which is why I would be getting it in December. I have some questions thought, since there are no Meguiars Detailers near me(Milwaukee, WI) I was wondering if I should have any special training some how. I was thinking that if I had a product, that I could ask you guys how I should use the DA with that certian product. The product I have and am waiting to use is ScratchX. I tried using by hand, but did not get the best results, so I want to use ScratX all over my truck, my dad's car and my mom's. All of the cars have swirls from when I was an amauter and scratching the finishes.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    '99 F-150

Comment

Look at shopping over at autodetailingsolutions.com.

They also have a How-To get Show Car Results with the PC DVD. The video is of the older model G100, but same concepts.

The very basics would be:
      G110 + 8006pad + Backing Plate
      Case of 6 pads - 1 cutting, 2 finishing, 3 polishing
      Pack of 6 MF bonnets for use over the cutting pad to remove waxes
      Bottle/Jug of #80 Speed Glaze
      Wax of your choice
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I think the dvd is a must have. You will probably watch it a few times to get the most out of the G110. If you are waiting till December, I believe the 2.0 pads should be available. Get them, as they are washable.

Auto Detailing solutions is a very good place to get your supplies.

Good luck.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Autodetailingsolutions (ADS) has G110 combo packages for about the retail price of a G110. Check them out http://autodetailingsolutions.com/me...0-polisher.htm

Might want to make sure when you buy a extra set of pads you buy the 2.0 pads! http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Me...-Foam-Pads.htm

Comment

The DVD Murr mentioned is really a great learning tool. It will give you a huge jump start on learning the correct way to use it.
            Scott

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will look into getting those products you guys suggested.
              Joel
              Firefighter/EMT-B
              '99 F-150

Comment

I was skeptical about spending the money for a DA right now, but like you, after seeing the results with the new product and being able to get good results using a DA vs. M105 by hand is a plus. I have bought things over at Autoanything.com before and they have various Meguiars Detailing Packages. The basic one is i believe $169.95 for the DA, hard case, i think a pad, and ColorX. They go all the way up from there.The most expensive one is $219.95 and they have free shipping. With that you get quite a bit of things. They also have sales regularly, $10 off, 15% off, etc... They're call center is in San Diego but I believe you get the item straight from the manufacturer. Got a soft tonneau cover for my Tundra for $180 straight from Extang.

Meguiar’s Dual Action Ultimate Car Care Kit: Dual-Action Polisher, Polishing and Finishing Pads(one of each), Detailing Clay, Final Inspection, NXT Generation Tech Wax, Ultimate Quik Detailer Spray, Hot Shine, Gold Class Leather Conditioner, Quik Interior Detailer, 6 Microfiber Cloths

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');