• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I goofed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I goofed!

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
    does the new polish have the same cut as M105?
    Seems close! However, and that's a big however... I've only used it once by hand and once with the G100. So it's probably not fair to say for sure.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by 12secSS View Post
      So is it good to guess that 2000 grit is a coarse paper, when discussing finishes?

Would you suggest I try and use 3000 grit paper, or just fore go it and use M105? Only because I am not sure how deep this finish is.
      I just play around with wetsanding I'm not a pro at all. I've only done small spots. With that said, I'd give the M105 a try and see what happens. Like you said you don't know how much clear you have to work with.

I've had no problems finishing with 2500 grit most of the time. One truck I did I used 2500 but it took me about 5-6 passes with M105 to get the sanding marks out. I was taking me a few passes just to get out the normal swirls too so I figured it was pretty hard clear. I just use that because it's the highest grit I can find locally by the sheet.

Unless Mike or a pro has better advice. I'm still learning too.

Keep us updated and let us know how it works out.
      Scott

Comment

I just ordered the M105 from amazon, they had a package deal with the following for a great price:
        • M10532 New Ultra-Cut Compound, 32 oz.
        • W5000 New Double Sided Wool Cutting Pad
        • M3416 Final Inspection®, 16 oz.
        • M9910 Ultimate Wipe® Detailing Cloth, 2 ea.
        • M2116 New Professional Synthetic Sealant, 16 oz.
        I will update this thread when I fix my mistakes. And yes, I am still learning to properly maintain my vehicles. I may have to sign up for a Saturday detailing course.
        George P. Lara
        Mine 2001 Camaro SS #0391: fquick.com/12secSS
        Mrs.'s 2002 Camaro SS #7072: fquick.com/Jenibella

Comment

So I was working late last night and my wife informed me that my M105 kit had arrived. I was so excited , yet bummed I couldn't go home and try it. So this morning I cleaned off a section of the area I posted above (with the fluorescent light on it). At first I thought "how is this white hand lotion looking product going to help?" I wasn't expecting great results, so I applied it like normal polish and wiped it off. Holly hell! It looked incredible! I can only describe the look of it like a hardened baby oil layer applied to the finish. I was shocked, this performed like those claims on infomercials, unbelievable. Virtually all the scratches disappeared. If I hadn't done it myself, I wouldn't have believed it was that easy. I applied some Gold Class polish just to protect the surface. I will post pictures by this weekend of the improvement.
          George P. Lara

Comment

Glad to hear it worked!
            Scott

Comment

I love how after color sanding and using M105, my finish has a more detailed reflection. You can actually see the ends of the lights on the M105 side, where as the other side all you have is a glow of light.

Here are the before and after, I tried to do the same shot.

Before M105

After M105
              George P. Lara

Comment

Oh ya! That's looking much better!
                Scott

Comment

looking good man! Its fun playing around with sanding. I think I've gotten to the point where I may use it on one of my clients cars. Hes a good friend of mine and is getting his hood repainted anyways, so if it works, great I save him a few hundred bucks, if not, eh oh well haha.
                  Forever New
                  Mobile Detailing
                  Jacksonville, FL

Comment

looks ver nice!!

Comment

looks great. I would say a major improvement. Way to go.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');