• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other use for plastx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other use for plastx

My eye glasses had a lot of very fine scratches probably from cleaning and theY looked hazy.
    I polished them with Plastx and it really helped.

I was going to buy new glasses but then look like new now.

MEGUIAR'S : wow1
    Black Bart

Re: Other use for plastx

What did you use to apply the Plast-X? I've tried this on an old pair of Poly-Carbs with little success. I'm sure it was the microfiber leaving light scratches behind, but I haven't found anything softer.

Brock

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
      What did you use to apply the Plast-X? I've tried this on an old pair of Poly-Carbs with little success. I'm sure it was the microfiber leaving light scratches behind, but I haven't found anything softer.

Brock

I used my finger and after polishing I washed the glasses with a liquid soap then used lens cleaner.

The scratches that I had was very small but they are like new now.
      Maybe you used to much pressure.
      Black Bart

Comment

Excellent!

I'm sure the microfiber was adding as many scratches as the PlastX was removing. I kept trying to think of something softer than a microfiber and was stumped. I guess sometimes it's hard to see the forest through all the trees. Or a finger behind a microfiber.

Thanks, probably wouldn't have worked that one out for a while. My next move was going to be the PC on 3 with a 9006 pad.

Brock

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
          Excellent!

I'm sure the microfiber was adding as many scratches as the PlastX was removing. I kept trying to think of something softer than a microfiber and was stumped. I guess sometimes it's hard to see the forest through all the trees. Or a finger behind a microfiber.

Thanks, probably wouldn't have worked that one out for a while. My next move was going to be the PC on 3 with a 9006 pad.

Brock

Perhaps you have a softer lens than mine.
          I polished for a good while but was using light pressure but I got good results.

I was to the point that I had nothing to louse because if it did not work I was going to have to buy new glasses.
          Black Bart

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');