• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21-21A Pleasantly Unexpected Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21-21A Pleasantly Unexpected Results!

Well, I really had some pleasantly unexpected results testing 21-21A tonight.

First a little about the product. I was told it was similar to a spray wax. It's a milky liquid, consistency of water. Smells just like fruit punch to me.

Perfect, I've been looking for a decent spray wax. Things I expect from a spray wax are easy to apply, easy to remove, quick dry time and a decent look and durability. I would also really like something that wouldn't stain trim. One of my first test was spraying it directly on plastic trim and rubber window trim. Let it dry and remove. There was no staining at all. Even today, a few days later there is no staining. In fact I think the trim looks a little better.

Now for what really surprised me. In this photo you can see a line down the middle of the photo. Notice the decrease of swirls on the left side. This wasn't from a polish test, this is from a spray wax.

Here is another photo. Notice the line again in the middle of the picture. This time I took the photo from the other side of the panel to try different light angles. The untouched area is to the left of this photo. There is also a line to the right of the photo, that is from me testing of the 21-13B polish. So from left to right, untouched, 21-21A, polished with 21-13B. I would say that the 'spray wax' filled half as many swirls as the 21-13B polish removed.

I'm sure this isn't removing the swirls but rather filling them. This works perfect for a touch up between polishings. Plus anyone with a black daily driver knows keeping it looking perfect is next to impossible.

I'm really excited for this product to hit the streets.
    Scott

Re: 21-21A Pleasantly Unexpected Results!

Man, that is impressive as those swirls are horrendous to say the least.

I can see it now...21-21A followed by UQD, every day...lol

Comment

I love how the paint is a couple shades darker with the spray wax.

Now, the question is will 21-21A be available in gallon jugs? Hopefully so. I'm holding off on my next order from ADS until after SEMA.
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

It does hide the swirls rather well. That would be a bonus when you do not have time for a full blown paint correction.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
          I love how the paint is a couple shades darker with the spray wax.

Now, the question is will 21-21A be available in gallon jugs? Hopefully so. I'm holding off on my next order from ADS until after SEMA.
          From my understanding (Take that for what it is worth ) it could be a a few weeks or more (maybe month+) before certain products will be in the hands of retailers or distributors for actual purchase once unveiled.

In other words, you should probably get the order to Rick now and grab another order when the time comes. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');