• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extending 'New Post' time limit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending 'New Post' time limit...

For lack of a better term, is there a way to extend the 'New Posts' time limit? On many occasions I will click 'New Posts' link read a couple then come back 5-10 min later and I have lost all 'new posts' becoming very difficult to catch up on new threads. -or- can someone tell me how that feature in the forum works so I can keep the new posts for longer than what seems to be a short 5 min. Any help would be great!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: Extending 'New Post' time limit...

Here's a work-around, until someone comes up with a better idea, which I'm sure will be very soon:

1) Go to the Forums page: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/index.php

2) Click on "Mark Forums Read," which is near the bottom of the page.

3) Now quickly go to "New Posts."

4) You will get this message:

"Sorry, there are no new threads to view.

You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here."

Click on the hyperlink.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
      Here's a work-around, until someone comes up with a better idea, which I'm sure will be very soon:

Click on the hyperlink.
      hm! I learn something new everyday! Thanks

Comment

It might be your browser. I can look at 'new posts' all day long in Firefox or Chrome, unless I hit the 'refresh' icon, then it all goes away. Your browser may be refreshing automatically.

Another work around maybe to open the main page, then open all links (threads) in a new 'tab' or 'window'. That will fix it if your browser is refreshing when you go back to the main after visiting a link or thread.

Brock

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
          It might be your browser. I can look at 'new posts' all day long in Firefox or Chrome, unless I hit the 'refresh' icon, then it all goes away. Your browser may be refreshing automatically.

Another work around maybe to open the main page, then open all links (threads) in a new 'tab' or 'window'. That will fix it if your browser is refreshing when you go back to the main after visiting a link or thread.

Brock

I will have give the 'open in new tab' trick a try, never have had this problem on other forums starting to drive me NuTz here on MOL, don't really have the chance to look over the new posts and poof they are all gone!

Originally posted by akimel View Post

Click on the hyperlink.
          Well that works well too - huh
          Brandon

Comment

I'll send the link to this thread to our Webmaster Ross Conradi and ask him if there's any tweaks he can make to the software...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              I'll send the link to this thread to our Webmaster Ross Conradi and ask him if there's any tweaks he can make to the software...

That would be great, maybe I am the only on having this problem? In the past I could click on New Posts and/or refresh as many times as I want and it seemed to drop out some of the old post while keeping the all the new posts kind of a rotation based on how long ago the thread was viewed on my computer and/or updated not sure the exact process but something like that. Right now its poof they are all gone after a short time.
              Brandon

Comment

I do not seem to have this problem on Firefox. But I will try the new posts suggestion. Who knows maybe I am missing new posts also.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

It's your browser. I'm Running Firefox 3 and I get new posts all the time...

firefox.com
                  Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                    It's your browser. I'm Running Firefox 3 and I get new posts all the time...

firefox.com

No longer having the problem... shortly after I posted the question it started to work. Not sure if it was something on MOL or not but it works great now!!
                    Brandon

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');