• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Class #4 - Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advanced Class #4 - Pictures & Comments

Looking clear and glossy after our last machine polishing step...

After polishing we used the G110 with a W9207 Washable Finishing Pad to apply a thin coating of NXT Tech Wax.

A few finishing touches like cleaning the glass...

Taking some measurements...

A few reflection shots...
    Note the paint on the sign actually has some orange peel as the hood and trunk lid are completely orange peel-free...

Clear and reflective enough to use as a mirror...

Here are some before shots, note that wet-sanding is not normally used to remove swirls as this can be done with the G110 in most cases. These shots are mostly just to show everyone what the paint looked like before the class and then to show that our forum members sanded, buffed and polished the paint leaving a swirl-free finish even in direct sunlight.

Before

After
    There's actually a light coat of dust from sitting outside all day Sunday in the desert and overnight on Sunday night and these shots were taken right before returning the car to the car rental business. Even with a light coating of dust you can still see a huge difference in appearance quality with no swirls.

Thank you to all the forum members for another fun Advanced Class at Meguiar's Garage!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Someone will have a really shining rental car Really nice work, hope I can make it to one of the classes
      If you think it it's expensive to hire a professional,
      hire an amateur first.
      King of the Mustang louvers

Comment

Looks like a good time. Good idea on using a rental car for practice!
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I have attended one of these sessions in the past and I must say it's a blast. It wasn't the advance session, but I learned so much and it really is amazaing when all of these products work together how good one's car looks. Thanks to everyone down there at Meguiars. P.S. The guy in the blue shirt and the glasses is a real jerk.

Just kidding, he's a friend.

Comment

That looks really cool, fun and a great learning experience. I wish there were places like that near Wisconsin. Or even in the midwest.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Thank you Meguiar's for the awesome advanced class!

Mike is such an excellent instructor. He knows how to keep the attention of his students and makes the material easy to understand!

It would be even better if Meguiar's offered some sort of training/testing/certification for professional auto detailers...

Comment

Mike,
                Thanks for the Advanced Class this Saturday at Meguiar’s. It took four times to finally be selected in the Lottery, but what a fun and valuable learning experience that I will never forget.

Sure was great to see Andy - bmrfan again and to meet a bunch of new guys.

Mike - Mikejl thanks for the compliments on the “Surf City Tundra” much appreciated. Enjoy the Last Touch detailer it’ll keep that new Toyota looking great. For the record, Mike took most of the photos of the class and did an outstanding job of documenting all of the four teams in action.

Jeff - Captiancog don’t worry about forgetting all of our names. It comes with AGE. Now you realize why I gave you the blue tape name badge … none of the rest of us OLD guys could remember your name either. Sure did enjoy talking with you about your “fleet” of PT Curisers and how well they do on the Drag Strip.

I know that Mike Phillips’ bosses … Mike Pennington and Barry Meguiar … realize he’s a hard worker, great Forum Moderator and an outstanding Teacher, but if they saw Mike in action at Saturday’s Advanced Class they would have given him a raise.

Picture this (160 pictures above) ALL ALONE with NO ASSISTANT this guy kept thirteen (yes 13) Car Crazy people focused on learning to wet sand by hand and machine and use the rotary buffer on a nearly BRAND NEW black Rental car without destroying it was truly unbelievable.

As always the doughnuts, coffee, soft drinks and Pizza were a treat. Thanks. Oh and thanks Mike for the raffle of Meguiar’s products. I got the Clay Kit and will be giving it to my neighbor this weekend. If I get lucky he will get into taking care of his cars and I won’t be the only “Car Nut” in the neighborhood.

Mike, thanks again to you and Barry Meguiar for hosting this wonderful class.

I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Harry – Bene Vita
                2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

The best part of these pictures is I can go back and reference the skills we were taught.

I just look at a few of them and go, "Oh Yeah, that's right"

Thanks again for all the effort that went into putting it on.

Mike Allen

Comment

Cool class, look forward to taking a few to expanding my knowledge

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');