• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.0 Foam Cutting Pad & D151

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 Foam Cutting Pad & D151

Has anyone used W7207with D151. What type of results did you get with this? I looked all over the forum and didn't see anything. I know with the old cutting pads you couldn't use with with a DA or G110. But with the new pads is this combo still too strong would this be the reason why I don't see anyone posting results?

Re: 2.0 Foam Cutting Pad & D151

The pads were only available for a short period of time as the decision was made to wait till SEMA/NACE to re-launch them with all our other new products.

What are you working on?
    What are you trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I already have the pad. I got one of each of the 2.0 pads while they were still in stock. I am working on my girlfriend's black 05 Maxima. I only have access to this car for a few hours tomorrow so I need to know what to try next if my plan of attack doesn't work.

This car is full of oxidation and in some areas it is really dull. It is swirled all over. If I had to guess the paint on this car is very hard. The reason I say this is because even a tiny rock hits it, it chips and you can see that it takes the paint right off. What's left on the tiny spot looks like primer (greyish flat color). I have done the touchup paint on it but never put the clearcoat on those spots, I have let those spots dry for a month.

The reason why I am asking if the W7207 is ok to use with D151 is because should the W8207 with speed 5 not get the results the only other thing to try on it is the W7207.

I also have some A21 and A30 and scratch-X. Also a bottle of Gold Class liquid which I can use. I got the G110 along with the pads, so using a machine is gonna be totally new for me.

Here is what I was planning to do to the car. I am not looking for a perfect finish but I do wanna get rid of most of the swirls and dullness. Here is the steps I was gonna follow.

Wash
      Clay
      D151-W8207
      Gold Class-W9207

Please let me know what you think.

Comment

I've used the new cutting pad w/ G110 + 105 w/ some pretty amazing results. I recently purchased a Saab 9-3 and the roof was damaged pretty heavily w/ what looks like car wash brush marks or snow rake marks (when I say mark, I really mean 12"+ long scratches). I was able to remove 90% of these defects w/ two passes of 105. I followed this up w/ 1 pass of #2 on a polishing pad to eliminate any micro marring (although i didn't notice any after the 105). I'll hit the remaining scratches by hand w/ 105 next spring.
        1999 Ford Contour SVT
        Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
        1966/2760

Comment

I didn't get a chance to use the cutting pad this time around, next time maybe. Couldn't really get good light on car to see how it really went, since the sun was down. I am sure I will have the chance to work on it again since the car gets the "take it to car wash" treatment.

Didn't get a chance to take any pictures but next time I will try and snap a few.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');