• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newspaper to clean windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper to clean windows

I found newspaper to work the best for cleaning my auto glass. The microfiber clothes were leaving lint.

What do you use?
    The ultimate quik detailer is second to none

Re: Newspaper to clean windows

I use the cheap MF towels from Target. Vroom brand I think.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Do they scratch and/or leave lint?
      The ultimate quik detailer is second to none

Comment

Well, I dont use them on my paint... But I dont seem to have any lint problems. I think I did get lint once, but not something that happens every time.

Comment

I actually like the way newspaper cleans my windows. I haven't found anything I like better. I just hope I'm not hurting my glass.
          -Freeman

Comment

I bought some 'glass cleaning' (similar to a waffle weave) towels online a year or so ago and really have been happy on how they perform. IMO the best towel to use on glass.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Newspaper wont hurt anything, its just if it cleans as well for you.

Comment

I find that newspapers leave behind ink on glass

Comment

I use the glass microfibers from ads.

If I remember correctly, the effectiveness of newspaper is not what it use to be. Its having to do with the newspapers changing over to a soy based ink. (it is cheaper). Compared to what was used previous, the cleaning ability was somewhat compromised.

But if it works for you, go for it.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

try washing microfiber towels if their new,that cured my lint problem.that seems to remove the excess lint
                    barry

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                      I use the glass microfibers from ads.
                      I too like the special glass-cleaning microfiber towels from ADS.
                      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                        +1
                        These towels, combined with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate always leave me with super clean, lint free windows. All my other MF's seem to leave lint behind.

Mike
                        Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I especially like to use newspapers in the winter, along with NXT glass cleaner, when cleaning salt spray off the windshield. Using newspaper really cuts down on the streaking!

If you use newspaper, use the black and white sections, not the color ads or comics.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

After several attempts at making my glass streak free, I have come to the conclusion that a 100% Cotton Terry Towel with good nap is the way to go. Don't know if it's me, but some MF's tend to leave little fibers on my glass, which are only really visible under certain lighting conditions (especially at night.)

I personally don't care for the glass towels all that much because they seem to have to much drag against glass surfaces, which usually means the towels stays put, while the only thing that goes across the glass is my bare palm. In my experience a good Cotton Terry's performs extremely well, and they can be found virtually anywhere. I'm still debating on useing one of the expensive egyptian thread count ones my girl hides from me when I tell her I'm going to clean my car. Try this out maybe it will work for you. If it doesn't then at least you can use the towel for other applications.
                            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

At work we use newpaper to clean windows. Works better than any kind of paper towel i've ever used. No streaks or nothing, just make sure you use the black and white pages unless you like color streaks.

For my personal car I use the glass towels from ADS and they work awsome.

Just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');