• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newspaper to clean windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newspaper to clean windows

I have used the Vroom towels from Target BUT, I got alot of lint from them.
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Pretty much everything leaves some kind of **** behind after cleaning the windows. I resort to buying new T-shirts and using them sometimes when I don't want to deal with lint problems.

I mean, I always have an interior detailing tool and dust brush handy all the time to clean up the aftermath. It's extra work, but once it's done I forget it was ever there.

Comment

MF towels for me and for the lint, wash in cold water and dry on med low in dryer, I catch the most in the lint filter this way.
        WrightDetail
        The Wright Way
        2007 Chevy HHR
        2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

my grandfather used to clean all the glass with newspaper and alcool, i tried this some times (when i have some newspaper around) and it works great. but microfibers with a proper glass cleaner (like meguiars) works as good and is easier to apply in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WrightDetail View Post
            MF towels for me and for the lint, wash in cold water and dry on med low in dryer, I catch the most in the lint filter this way.
            Add 1/2 cup white vinigar to wash , helps cut down the lint.

Comment

Try the glass micro fibers from ADS they are great, I personally love them! and I have not had a lint problem with them either

Comment

LMAO I thought I was the only one who used newspaper, I back that up with a microfiber

Walt-B.
                Green Lantern
                Most Wanted Underground League

Comment

I also use the MF from Target for my windows. They work pretty good for me. I use them with armor all auto glass cleaner, (sorry, they didn't have any meguiars glass cleaner) its supposed to be streak free and ammonia safe, which it was. No lint and streak free windows...works great for me!

Comment

not had any problem with microfibres personally.used to be be an old trick,cleaning glass with newspaper.don't know the science,but i think the ink gives your glass a darker,deeper reflection.Glass can be one of the hardest things to clean without leaving any smears: 'looks like crystal during the day--Drive home at night and you see loads of smears....AAAAgggh!

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                      I use the cheap MF towels from Target. Vroom brand I think.
                      I used Vroom before too. It was decently cheap to buy it. But, I gotta tell you all, I definitely prefer to use newspapers. I don't like to put the towels through any more than I have to because I want to make sure I don't wear them down to fast (limited budget here) and also because I am not 100% on cleaning them. Newspapers are easy, they're free (assuming you get the newspaper and have already read through it), and they don't streak at all. Definitely my preferred option.

Comment

it costs less right? i heard that anything papery used in cleaning or wiping glasses works wonders to most!
                        I hate last-minute shopping, it's always unsuccessful.
                        internet TV | Online movie |
                        music downloads

Comment

i use armour all glass cloths with windex it leaves no lint or streakes behind but news paper works wonders too and its totally safe

Comment

Not sure if this was already stated, but back in the day, newspapers worked great. Now most if not all, use a soy based ink and with that, the effectiveness has gone away.
                            Rick

Comment

At one time I used newspapers to clean my windshield with, but after a while I began to notice fine scratches in the glass.
                              r. b.

Comment

I usually use a microfiber towel ot a microfiber glass cleaning towel.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');