• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use All Season Dressing under the hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use All Season Dressing under the hood?

Can I use All Season Dressing in the radiator hoses, etc under the hood?
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: Quick question

**Not an official Meguiar's reply**, but I personally can see no reason why not?

I use hyper dressing all over the engine bay with no ill effects- including the hoses.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
      Can I use All Season Dressing in the radiator hoses, etc under the hood?

Morning,

Meguiar's All Season Dressing is solvent based and is recommended for the outside of the vehicle and is not recommended for the engine compartment.

I would suggest using either Hyper Dressing or M40. Both provide an excellent dressed looked.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
        Morning,

Meguiar's All Season Dressing is solvent based and is recommended for the outside of the vehicle and is not recommended for the engine compartment.

I would suggest using either Hyper Dressing or M40. Both provide an excellent dressed looked.

Tim
        Is there any specific reason its not recommended for the engine compartment?
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
          Is there any specific reason its not recommended for the engine compartment?

Yes...like I mentioned, it is solvent based, and is rated a 2 in flammability, and may stain paint if left on painted surfaces without being wiped off.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
            ... like I mentioned, it is solvent based, and is rated a 2 in flammability ...
            Crispy!

Comment

Re: Can I use All Season Dressing under the hood?

The only problem i found with ASD in engine bay is alot of dust stick on top it !

Alternatively, you can try M40

Comment

i agree with g88. i cant stand the dust and stuff that sticks everywhere after using dressing on anything in the engine compartment. if i initally use dressing it is very sparringly and pretty much totally wiped off when i am done. i have a shammy for my engine bay and wipe it all down every time i wash the car. i have 35k miles on my wagon here.

'06 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum R/T AWD
                '95 Super Black Nissan 240 SX/SE Edition

Comment

Originally posted by jatee View Post
                  i agree with g88. i cant stand the dust and stuff that sticks everywhere after using dressing on anything in the engine compartment. if i initally use dressing it is very sparringly and pretty much totally wiped off when i am done. i have a shammy for my engine bay and wipe it all down every time i wash the car.
                  May I ask what you use when you wipe down your engine bay? TIA.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

hey akimel,
                    probably all the wrong things. the different things initally after detailing were:
                    the inside painted surfaces like fender wells, etc i put nxt on.
                    the plastic, rubber, etc i used regular protectant.
                    the aluminim engine parts wiped down with rag wet down with wd-40 to stop from getting powdery
                    the thing i do now is after i wash the car, every time, i use a shammy wrung out and damp and wipe down everything. maintaining it with out the junk on it that the dust and stuff stuck too is much easier now. i will every so often even take a swiffer between the coil packs and whever it is hard to get and maintain it.
                    took some work to get it there however maintaining it only takes minutes every time i dry the car after washing.

Comment

Time to chime in here.

I'd suggest Hyperdressing under the hood. I feel that ASD & Hyperdressing leave a similar finish as far as shine & durability under the hood. The reason I recommend HD is that it is water based and easily washes off. Any dressing will get dusty/dirty period.

With HD, you just hose off the engine compartment and the dust & HD are removed. Dry it, and spray with HD again. You're good to go.

With ASD, it will again collect the dust, but it will not just fall off with water. You will have to actually "clean" under the hood again with APC+ or Safe D-greaser. You will need a cleaner that will remove the ASD.

Your choice, but you will put more time in to keep the engine compartment looking nice if you use ASD.
                      It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

In addition to what mckeand13 posted - Hyper Dressing you can spray it on and walk away, it dries and looks great, IMO much easier to use under the hood than ASD. Just my .02.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

so are you all telling me that i can spray the hyperdressing product on my already clean engine and bay for a better look and it will not get junk stuck to it?
                          i still plan on my wiping everything down after i wash my car.
                          and mckeand, notice i started my reply to the question asked "probably all the wrong stuff" thats why i joined this forum the other day to begin with.
                          jatee

Comment

Originally posted by jatee View Post
                            so are you all telling me that i can spray the hyperdressing product on my already clean engine and bay for a better look and it will not get junk stuck to it?
                            i still plan on my wiping everything down after i wash my car.
                            and mckeand, notice i started my reply to the question asked "probably all the wrong stuff" thats why i joined this forum the other day to begin with.
                            jatee
                            Jatee, looks like you are definitely working hard to keep the engine clean.

Hyperdressing will attract some dust. If you coat lightly with it though, it doesn't seem to build up much stickiness so it doesn't attract a lot.

I just reapply once in a while, and when it starts to get a built up or dirty look I hose it off and start fresh.

You can spray it on and walk away if you want but it seem that you have to do a pretty fine mist to avoid pooling and streaming. The Detailer sprayers don't seem to dial down that fine so I always wind up wiping after it sits. Usually the next day. That just ensures a top notch job.
                            It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

thanks project 1, btw, remember im new to this forum so it might be a dumb question however i do not remember seeing this product on the shelf at the local auto stores. is it just because i was never looking for it or is it something you have to order?
                              thanks, jatee

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');