• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car Coatings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car Coatings

A guy has a new Tacoma /white and has concerns with the dealer ship telling him about a new factory coat/Gloss or something like that, when i offered to Do a #7 and gold class wax. I told him a sealent / wax wouldnt harm any thing just coat what ever. any comments.

Re: New Car Coatings

There is absolutely no reason you couldn't use a pure polish like #7 and seal it with any normal wax on a factory paint job. The paint is fully cured by the time anyone every buys one, and products like these will not harm (only help to protect!) the finish.

The only time a wax could be a problem would be if the panels were re-painted recently, which I am assuming is not the case if the truck is brand new.

Do you have any more info on the "coat/gloss" as that doesn't make sense.

Comment

i dont really even know myself what exactly this guy was saying to me about "factory coatings", i agree that a polish than wax will not hurt. this being said, are there any stealerships outthere that offer an option of this nature?

Comment

Most dealerships will offer some sort of expensive "paint package" to customers.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sounds like he bought the paint protection package. Is he required to go back to the dealership to get "booster" treatments? Or is he required to use a special wax or sealant x amount of times per year?
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');