• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 or Deep Crystal (or both)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 or Deep Crystal (or both)

Hi ppl,

im quite new to car detailing, hopefully some1 can help with a pretty simple question i have.

I just purchased the clay kit and NXT 2.0. Let me start by saying, SUPERB products.!!!! I really don't care what any1 has to say these products do what they say and are so easy to use.

I have a '00 model BMW 323ci the color is SKARAB GREEN, it's a limited factory color that well i havn't really seen another one like it around yet, it's a dark greeny-purple-greyish color, it has been neglected in the past, although it's not so bad i'd like to get it back to it's peak.!

I cleaned it over the weekend using Hyper wash > then used the clay kit > then the NXT 2.0 remarkable results although looking verrrry closely into the paint it has faint web marks and blemishes id like to get rid of.

The question finally is, im not sure if the NXT 2.0 is the polish that i need, or shuld i - Hyper wash > Deep Crystal Polish > NXT 2.0 to protect it all.???

and possibly even throw in some ScratchX in the process somewhere.? lol

Sorry for such a long post. i look forward to some good old professional advice.!!

Re: NXT 2.0 or Deep Crystal (or both)

Welcome to MOL Paolo! You are very right, they are great products that even pros reach for daily (myself included).

As for what else you need, it does depend on how bad (or not) the scratches and webbing are, and also what tools you have available. Do you have a polisher? Meguiar's G100 or G110? A Rotary?

If not, your best bet would be to follow your next wash with some ScratchX by hand. You will want to use a clean soft buff foam applicator, and don't be afraid to put some "oomph" behind the pad (or passion as Mike Phillips likes to say!).

Then, once you finish that you will want to re-wax the vehicle since the NXT 2.0 will be removed by the ScratchX.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply Mark.

Unfortunately i don't have access to any mechanical polishers.. it's every bit elbow grease from here on in..!

I'll try and upload a clear picture as soon as i can this way you can get a fair idea of the work needed. Overall the paint is not in a poor condition, but it's also not perfect, i'd like to get it as close to perfect as possible.

As for the NXT... do you recommend using NXT 2.0 or the Deep Crystal.? or both one after eachother.??

Comment

DC wax and NXT 2.0 are both great waxes, but I believe that the NXT 2.0 is generally believed to last longer. Since you have already cleaned the paint (and the ScratchX will even more) I would go with the NXT 2.0 personally.

Comment

Use NXT 2.0 it is an amazing product and produces dramatic results. It is my personal favorite.
          Alex
          1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
          1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

kool..sounds like we got a winner...

So it would be right to assume the NXT is both a polish and a protective wax coat..?

I had somehow thought the DC gave a deeper polishing effect hence my original question.

Also by spraying the Quik detailer after lets say a few days to clean any 'roughness' or dirt/dust over the car with a microfibre towel would that remove the NXT polish.?

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo80 View Post
              kool..sounds like we got a winner...

So it would be right to assume the NXT is both a polish and a protective wax coat..?

I had somehow thought the DC gave a deeper polishing effect hence my original question.

Also by spraying the Quik detailer after lets say a few days to clean any 'roughness' or dirt/dust over the car with a microfibre towel would that remove the NXT polish.?
              NXT 1.0 and 2.0 are actually both sealants, which for all intensive purposes would be like a wax. They are not intended to be worked into the paint in an effort to remove actual defects. They might very well hide some of the defects (They are pretty good at filling), but they are not intended to actually REMOVE the light damage.

As for using QD, you want to make sure when you use this that you are only removely light contamination such as dust or fingerprints because you can cause marring on the paint if you rub heavy dirt into the paint. I just wanted to clarify because what you described (roughness, dirt) would be too much for any QD spray. As for removing NXT, any time anything touches the surface you theoretically are likely removing some small amount of the wax, but it is to be expected and not a problem.

Comment

Ahhhha.. ok that now answers my question ..

In a case where i want to get the paint to look at it's possible best. what products would you recommend i use.?

I definitely agree with the marring, i wouldn't dream of wiping the surface with excess dirt or grime, jut light dust i imagine, atleast until i get a proper car cover . Just to let you know the NXT 2.0 im using is the liquid form in a bottle if that helps any.

I guess my major enquiry here would be as i mentioned above, ideally i'd like the paintwork to look it's best, and then using NXT 2.0 to seal and protect it from any future damage..unfortunately the prev. owner didn't put as much thought into it as i am lol.

Comment

Since your doing this by hand i would definitely get the scratch-x. Then when finished make sure you rewax the areas. Do not be discouraged, it will probably take a couple of passes with the scratch-x.

Good luck.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Would i need to polish after the scratch-x then wax with the NXT 2.0..? or is scratchx a polish..? Sorry guys just trying to wrap my head around all the different products ..gets a bit confusing..

Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but how long am i supposed to leave the NXT 2.0 on to 'dry' before i wipe it down with the microfibre towels

Comment

Would i need to polish after the scratch-x then wax with the NXT 2.0..? or is scratchx a polish..? Sorry guys just trying to wrap my head around all the different products ..gets a bit confusing..
                      ScratchX is a paint cleaner, this product has what it called diminishing abrasives and this is a type of abrasives that with friction they become smaller and smaller and then it acts like a polish rejuvenating the finish. So you can go straight to NXT 2.0 when done with ScratchX
                      -or-
                      You can follow this - ScratchX-Pure Polish-Wax
                      Read this Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but how long am i supposed to leave the NXT 2.0 on to 'dry' before i wipe it down with the microfibre towels
                      15min to 20min and then remove. It all depends on the environment condition (weather, humidity, and so on)

Read this, it will tell you a technique to know when it's fine to remove the wax The Swipe Test

Comment

Thanks Francis...

I just read the complete articles and they help a whole heap.

Can you or any1 else tell me what Meguiars product name + code is considered a Pure Polish, an off the shelf Pure Polish perhaps.?

Comment

Ok guys, finally i got some photos of my ride.. now you can see what im talking about instead of me blabbing about who knows what.

Here goes hopefully these work.

( EDIT : View #15 for Pictures )
                          Last edited by Paolo80; Oct 29, 2008, 03:53 PM. Reason: Bad Link Location

Comment

Paolo80...I was going to try and embed those pictures for you but I can't figure out exactly what I am working with on this links.

In the future, if you want to embed a picture from the MOL gallery open the picture up so it is the bigger version, then RIGHT click the picture, and choose "copy picture location."

Keep a second window with your post open, then come and click the icon that shows a mountain, a moon, and a yellow sky...insert your link into that. It will automatically put the picture in your post.

Repeat this for each picture.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Thanks Francis...

I just read the complete articles and they help a whole heap.

Can you or any1 else tell me what Meguiars product name + code is considered a Pure Polish, an off the shelf Pure Polish perhaps.?
                            Meguiar's Deep Crystal System, Step 2, called Pure Polish is perfect for being a non-abrasive pure polish. You should find that fairly easily in stores.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Yeh i was trying to figure that one out couldn't get it to work, always gave me a "broken Picture" image. lets give it another go now..

Ok that worked - thanks Mark.
                              As you see in the image above the paint looks pretty good from a glance.

But getting closer i start to see these 'swirls' or 'web effect'.

Finally up-close and personal with my paint.

Hope this post is better than the last one..

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');