• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you wax your favorite car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you wax your favorite car?

Okay, friends. Time to 'fess up. How often do you wax your favorite car? Do you like to wrap your arms around your car and wax it frequently, or do you try to eek out that last week, that last day, that last minute of protection? Do you wax your car because you see that it needs it, or do you wax it because you want to keep it it looking at its very best? Which is more important to you, beauty or durability?
    Once or more a week
    6.50%
    Once every two weeks
    13.72%
    Once a month
    34.30%
    Once every two months
    18.77%
    Once every three months
    16.25%
    Twice a year
    9.03%
    Once a year
    1.44%
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: How often do you wax your favorite car?

I'm saying once every 2 months...that has been an average for the last 5 or 6 years. Now that my car was just repainted last month and it now has a garage to call home, it might be every few weeks. I've wanted a garage for YEARS and now I finally get one, so excited!
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Every two months here too.

I like to wax for both shine and protection, but I usually re-apply before the previous layer has worn off, so that probably means I do it for "beauty" more than protection.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

to who ever votes once a year, ur not dedicated enough and those who do it every week, seriously you are obsessed...

Comment

im a once a month for wax but wash all the time. i do have a winter truck so i am lucky enough not to have to drive them in snow and road salt.
          '06 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum R/T AWD
          '95 Super Black Nissan 240 SX/SE Edition

Comment

Try to do it once every three months. I've only put 1000 miles on my care this year and it's always parked inside.

Comment

I spray wax probably once a week, sometimes 2 times, sometimes I miss it for a week or so.

I do a legitimate paste or liquid wax application probably once every 2 months. I Last Touch, followed by UQD every other day on average.

Needless to say, it's not often you see me cruisin' without some obscene amount of shine around me

Comment

once every three or four months, because she sits outside...and I know she'll be dirty soon. If I had a garage it would probably be alittle more often, I realize that may sound backwards
                2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mustang View Post
                  once every three or four months, because she sits outside...and I know she'll be dirty soon. If I had a garage it would probably be alittle more often, I realize that may sound backwards

I presume you mean, it becomes easier when you have a garage and you know ur work it not going to waste???

Comment

I checked every 2 months. Got to get it early before there is no protection on it.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Because my car is in the elements 99% of the time I paste was #26 every month and use x-press wax after weekly washes when I can.
                      The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                      Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

id say every 2 months on my car, and 3 months on our others.

Comment

I'm waxing every 3 weeks right now because my car is still new and I enjoy getting out there and polishing it. I think I will probably level off at about once a month down the road.

Mike
                          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Have been doing full 5-Step twice a year by hand. Now, with new G110 hope to stay after it every couple of months - weather permitting...
                            2013 Highlander - black
                            2010 TL - black

Comment

For me it depends on the season. If it's sunny and dry, I wax every month or two.
                              If it's the rainy season, I wax every week.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');