• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you wax your favorite car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How often do you wax your favorite car?

Well if I have the time I will wax every other wash, so it usually ends up being every two weeks or so. Weather plays a big role in it too.
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

So from what I'm reading so far, it is anywhere from one to three months before waxing again. If I wash my car every week and my car is parked in the garage at night, is it safe to say my NXT 2.0 paste wax will most likely last at least a month (protection)?

Thanks

Comment

Marky, under the conditions you specify, I think it is safe to say that NXT is going to last a lot longer than four weeks.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks Akimel!

Comment

I wax my car once every two weeks, to keep it shiny and well protected!

Comment

Every month, using Meguiars Cleaners Paste Wax...

But next time I want to buy NXT...
              Skoda Roomster

Comment

I get very lazy during winter months so like once every 3 months during winter and once a month during summer.... i hate the cold....

Comment

I tend to wax once to twice a year but the car is maintained with QD periodically. I probably do less than 2000 miles a year, doesnt come out in the wet and its always kept in a garage.
                  Mark

Comment

Hand wax once a month. Touch up wax every other week. Clay and polish twice a year(no garage, my stuff sits outside). I go offroad too, so a little extra protection, goes a long way.
                    2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

Outside of winter, I try to seal my car every 2-3 months. During the winter I will apply another layer just about any time the temperature gets above 40 degrees to add more protection from the salt. Sometimes that gap in time is two weeks, sometimes two months. Depends on Mother Nature. I have often been told sealants don't bond well under 40 degree weather. Not sure if it is true but I generally stick with it.
                      Last edited by Bert31; Jan 24, 2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Once a month for me, i like doing it. As soon as i get M21 i will be hooked on that and wax even more often
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I put on 48 layers (one a day) for 48 straight days, then I take two days off and start again.

Actually... about once a month, although I hit it with NXT Spray wax at least once every two weeks.
                          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                            I put on 48 layers (one a day) for 48 straight days, then I take two days off and start again.

Actually... about once a month, although I hit it with NXT Spray wax at least once every two weeks.
                            Once a month in Toronto during the winter? You must have a nice heated garage...
                            2013 Highlander - black
                            2010 TL - black

Comment

Originally posted by gjohn28 View Post
                              Once a month in Toronto during the winter? You must have a nice heated garage...
                              I should have said that with an asterisk. Once a month on average, but less in the winter, although we did get up to 50 yesterday so it was easily "waxing weather" without the need of a heated garage.
                              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

now that i have Ultimate Quik Wax, i like to use it after each wash, but i still do a base coat of M21 2.0 or NXT 2.0 once a month
                                Nick
                                Tucker's Detailing Services
                                815-954-0773
                                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');