• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you wax your favorite car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How often do you wax your favorite car?

Originally posted by glubash View Post
    Let's see, the last time I was sometime in 1997. I think. So, approximately 12 years, four vehicles (two used, two new, not counting the wife's car), and counting. Since I just bought a new car so there is about a 1 in 50 chance that I'll wax it this year.
    Do you wash them?

Having a fresh coat of wax makes maintaining the finish much, much easier and saves time washing and drying if you do it yourself.

On most cars, a clean and waxed surface also yields 1% better MPG too (Seriously)

Comment

Dear oh dear,I hit the wrong one

For me 3-4 times a year.I can get 3+ months from Meg's carnauba!!! (Not Garaged).

Comment

I'm not a fanatic but like to keep the car clean. Wash every week and wax every two to three months. A clean car is a happy car

M C

Comment

My favorite car has terrible paint. I imagine bimonthly waxing once it's black and looking HHHOT!
          Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
          baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I wax every one or two months, depending on whether or not I have time. I wash my car once a week and top off my protection with UQW after every wash and UQD every now and then.
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

^^ That sounds exactly like my routine!
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I usually wax my car once a month. The wife's minivan gets waxed about every 3 months.

Comment

i wash every 2 weeks and I use UQD to do a "mini wash" on the other week followed with UQW.

Is everyone using the squeek test or the water bead test? They say you need to wax when UQD doesnt come off easy

Comment

Originally posted by felixtibs View Post
                    Is everyone using the squeek test or the water bead test? They say you need to wax when UQD doesnt come off easy
                    I always use the squeak test.

But do it after you wash and before you UQD/UQW.
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

About once a month or month and a half. In the winter it may be a bit less and more often in the summer months.

Comment

I answered 0nce evry two weeks but that's an average because in the winter I don't wax it and in the summer I wax it every week lol.

Comment

Twice a year for me..once in the spring and once in the fall before winter

Comment

I've never thought about it. I have a car a truck and a bike and then I have to take care of the girlfriend's car and bike. So basically... when I get a chance.

I might need to hang a white board and make a waxing schedule. I have a hard enough time remembering when I last changed the oil.

Comment

I would have to say about once every 2 months on an average since I'm caught with the tough Quebec winter and the fact that I don't have a garage. I usually don't wax between late Nov and early March. During that time every time it goes above approx 40F I wash the car with a Wash\Wax soap and detail it with something like Pinnacle Crystal Mist and that usually happends 3 - 4 time during those 3 months. I find the wax not really sticking in cold weather.

For the rest of the year I probably wax the car (just wash then wax) approx every 5-6 weeks on an average. Twice a year for a clay-polish-wax.

My daily car (Caddy CTS black Raven non metallic) always stays outside, gets a beating in winter time with salt, sand, ice. I manage to keep the car in very good shape but I learned to live with minor scratches and swirls but they only show up in direct sunlight and when looking closely at the car.

Comment

Can't say that I have waxed it ever. I prefer paint sealants for my own car. Right now my car has Aquartz on it, which will last around 2 years or more.
                                AeroCleanse, LLC
                                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');