• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad Renewing Solution (Grit Guard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad Renewing Solution (Grit Guard)

thinkin about getting the universal pad washer, but wondering where to get the PRS? i don't see it sold as an individual product at any sites. is there any alternative you guys use?

Re: Pad Renewing Solution (Grit Guard)

Originally posted by gsxr310 View Post
    thinkin about getting the universal pad washer, but wondering where to get the PRS? i don't see it sold as an individual product at any sites. is there any alternative you guys use?
    The last time I bought some, I got the DP pad rejuvinator from Autogeek, which was 16 bucks for 1.5 oz. It looked and smelled an awful lot like spic & span! I think I remember Mike Phillips telling me that the Bissell carpet extractor cleaning solutions work pretty well to clean the pads with. I haven't tried those yet, but when I run out of what I am using now, I will give that a try. APC I'm pretty sure would work well too.

I don't have a Universal Pad Washer, but I do have a System 2000 Pad Washer and love the thing. Both of those seem very expensive for a gadget in a 5 gallon bucket, but it saves me time in cleaning my pads when buffing a vehicle and does a much better job than using a brush or spur. I highly recommend one.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Weed; Oct 30, 2008, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I too use the dp pad cleaner with my S2000.....love it for cleaning pads. I wish I had gotten one years ago. It really does a nice job.
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr310 View Post
        A few sprays with a lite APC before the pad washer works fine. I use my interior cleaner.

Comment

Anyone try APC+ for this application? I'm curious as to how this would work.
          Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack but lets say your buying the padwasher (UPW, S2K) to clean up the pads during compounding & polishing stage, would it be suffice if we ought to use water only to clean the pads up (since its all water based products - IIRC)?
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

I too have a question on this subject, as I have never seen/used one. Do you spray your cleaning solution of choice onto the pad directly before running it through the machine or is there a place actually in the machine to put your cleaning solution?
              '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
              '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Originally posted by Lexus Guy04 View Post
                I too have a question on this subject, as I have never seen/used one. Do you spray your cleaning solution of choice onto the pad directly before running it through the machine or is there a place actually in the machine to put your cleaning solution?
                PRS is sprayed onto the pad then spun to clean in the bucket (as per promo vid)
                Last edited by TimG; Nov 13, 2008, 02:41 AM. Reason: new info
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

Sorry guys & gals....for bumping an old thread.
                  But since these pad washers are becoming more popular, I was just wondering what all the owners of pad washers are spraying the used pads prior to using the various pad washers available (Meguiars/GG..etc)

So far I am thinking of ordering a bottle of Grit Guard Pad Renewing solution.....I also have Super Degreaser & APC+ but i'm afraid too much soap residue will remain in the pad after spinning.

Thoughts? opinions? thanks in advance
                  "STRIFE" aka Phil
                  2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                  2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                  2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I just spray with a high pressure washer hose and it cleans up nicely. Guess I could try it with some soap first for better results. I have reused the pads after the pressure washer with the same results as the last car when the pad was new. Saved me lots to use on products I could really use. Just a thought and keeping it simple. Have a great week folks.

Bernice

Comment

^ I don't have a pressure washer......
                      I did recently purchased a Haier mini washing machine to wash my various MF towels, applicator pads, and DA buffing pads....on top of the Megs pad washer....
                      I'm also looking into getting some Snappy pad cleaner and some Chemical Guys pad cleaner.....think these would work in the Haier mini washer?
                      The PRS i ordered should work well in my Megs pad washer
                      "STRIFE" aka Phil
                      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Just a thought, if those products don't work, just run down to the local car wash and clip your pads onto the mat hangars and use their pressure washer to get them clean.

Comment

Strife, ever since I got my upw, I've just used a spray of last touch just to get the pad moist. I still have the renewing solution since 2008! I just keep forgetting I have it! Lol!

Comment

I just washed mine in the washing machine. Low tech but it worked.
                            I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');