• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Thursday "Open Garage" - October 30th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures & Comments from Thursday "Open Garage" - October 30th, 2008

Pictures & Comments from Thursday "Open Garage" - October 30th, 2008

For everyone that's attending tonight, we'll have some Lab Samples of a few of our new products for 2009 to play with and test out. Just be sure your car is washed and clean before arriving.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Pictures & Comments from Thursday "Open Garage" - October 30th, 2008

oh, to only be in california...

Comment

2 treats tonight...

New products plus Cake!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: October 30th Sign-up Thread - Thursday Night Open Garage

As always Mike, I had a great time... what did you say those new products were called again? I guess we'll all have to wait and see.
        Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Had a great time tonight. Thanks Mike, Mike, and Barry for the chance to use the shop, tools, and products.

Those new products work well. I checked out the hood when I got home and it's noticeably darker/deeper from just the spray stuff (21-21A?). I'm going to have to get some of that stuff when it comes out.
          1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
          1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
          1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Thanks Mike(x2) for putting these on. Thanks for the tip on my hood scratch. Maybe I'll get it repainted lime green somewhere down the road. That or copper.

It was also nice to meet Barry.

Thanks again.

Dino

Comment

Thanks Mike and Mike! I am going to miss these "Open Garage" Thursdays. It was fun watching guys use the new "mystery" products on their rides and see the results. I can see myself using 21-21a a lot in the future.

It was a nice surprise that Barry dropped by for awhile and chatted with everyone. How cool was that.

I'm looking forward to "Open Garages 2009"

Mike
              Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Last nights class was a blowout and a great way to wrap up the season for our Thursday Night Classes. Barry stopped by to talk shop with our forum members and about our new products for 2009

Todd talks with Barry about detailing with Meguiar's, he brought his brand new Honda down and learned how to use the G110 to machine apply wax. Todd's had been waiting to wax his car until he could bring it to our "Open Garage" class to make sure he did everything right.

Pizza by Lamppost which everyone loves and Vanilla and Chocolate cake for desert!
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

A little hands-on training and Todd's freestyling...

Mike applies wax after first claying and removing the swirls out of his son's Explorer...

Jesse explains to Mike which direction down is...

Team effort...

Joseph explains Meguiar's new Hydrophobic Polymer Technology to Mark...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I must say, with M105 and 151, the marks on that grey BMW came right off. It was amazing to go from clearly visible white marks to barely visible.

Comment

Tommy, aka CreamPuff brought his creampuff Lexus IS-F for some help removing a small stain that etched the paint. Tommy said he's found the paint on his IS-F to be very soft and to scratch very easily and was worried about causing more damage to the paint trying to remove the stain. We used one of our new products for 2009 by hand and completely removed the etching without instilling any extra defects in the process.

Here's a shot of the hood, the etching is on the passenger side, middle of the hood.

It's the small roundish spot to the left of the point of light with the 3 fine scratches running through it. The spot is actually more noticeable than we were able to capture with our camera.

New Product for 2009 21-13B to the rescue, applied by hand...

Tommy like!

Mike like!

After removing the defect we applied some NXT Tech Wax 2.0 using our new washable W9207 Finishing Pad

Here's the results... a crystal clear, defect free finish...

The problem with completely removing a defect is there is no after picture, that is there's nothing to capture with your camera... success has it's downside...

Sweeeeet.....

Sweeeeeter.....
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        Jesse explains to Mike which direction down is...

Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I would like to thank Meguiars once again for an awesome open garage session. Special thinks to Mike Phillips again for helping me with my car...i got chicken and was scared to take a DA + M84 to it but Mike was able to remove it by hand with the new mystery product...

Can't wait to get some of it for myself! AMAZING stuff...it was great how well it worked and just a little effort needed.

^^Interior done with Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner spray, Dash and all plastic done with M40....I love M40...my favorite interior product.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                            Ah man I knew there would be sometype of comment on this. I was actually sayiing "YOU'RE GOING DOWN MAN!" GOOD TIMES. I'm sure going to miss the Thursday nights. Thanks Meguiars for another great season finale.
                            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Gary brought his Miata that had water etching all over the front clip from rain that fell through a Palm Tree and landed on the paint.

We used our new product in the Professional Line, 21-27a with our G110 and our new washable W8207 pad to remove them with ease.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');