• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Thursday "Open Garage" - October 30th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures & Comments from Thursday "Open Garage" - October 30th, 2008

Thanks a lot for all the help! Learned a lot. I look forward to coming up on November 15th!
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Comment

Mark left his car with a body shop and they swirled out the front driver's fender and the weird thing is there was no work needed on the fender?

Mark started out with M82 but we switched him over to 21-27A as it works faster, better and wipe off is a breeze...

Jesse and Mike work remove a long scuff out of Mike's car...

Mike Stoops demonstrates correct technique for cleaning and polishing with our G110 Dual Action Polisher

This is the original paint on a 1986 Mercury Merkur...

A little 21-13B to the rescue...

Swirls and scratches are gone where we worked the paint...

WhiteLX takes over with a G100 Dual Action Polisher

Not bad for 22 year old paint...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This is Ryan's parents van...

Here's why you should never let the dealership apply your touch-up paint...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

pssst Mike, it's a 1986 Merkur XR4Ti. No Mercury.
          1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
          1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
          1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteLX View Post
            pssst Mike, it's a 1986 Merkur XR4Ti. No Mercury.
            My mistake, I thought this was sold under the Mercury marque?

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              My mistake, I thought this was sold under the Mercury marque?

nope, but it was sold at Lincoln-Mercury-Merkur dealers.
              1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
              1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
              1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Thanks Mike and Meguiar's for saving the finish on my Mazda MX-5 Miata. I made the mistake of parking under a palm tree on a foggy wet morning and it dripped what appeared to be an acid substance on my hood and plastic front end which literally etched the paint....I was just sick and thought my paint was ruined.

Mike said bring it on down to Thursday night garage and I think we can fix it. Using a DA and a fabulous new product not yet announced (and Mike wouldn't name it either!) we were able to totally restore the finish like new. I can't tell you how happy I am with the result, Meguiars saved the day!!

And just to top of a really great evening, Barry dropped by and spent some time talking cars and products with us....I'm the old guy talking to Barry in a couple of pictures Mike posted in this forum.

If you haven't had a chance to attend a garage night I highly recommend it, Meguiars will help you solve problems like I did and let you try out their products, plus the pizza and cake were good too!

Thanks again Mike, and thank you Meguiar's for providing this valuable service to your customers.

Gary06

Comment

Thanks Mike, Mike, Joe and Meguiar's again. The drive is always worth it and I can't wait for next year.

Thanks,
                  Ryan
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I sure to miss those classes and the information, good times and great people who go them.

Comment

I just want to say Thanks to both Mike and others for all your hard work during this year open garage events. I have a blast this season and I'm sure we will have another great open garage events next year. Thank you Meguiars for everything!
                      "Huu duyen thien ly nang tuong ngo,
                      Vo duyen doi dien bat tuong phung."

Comment

I want to say thank you to everyone, Barry to start, and then Mike, Mike, and everyone else. I really enjoy these events and while waiting to get into the Autoclub Dragway (California Speedway's 1/4 mile strip) I noticed how shiny my PT was and how the early dawn really showed some depth to the paint.
                        Well, so did one mosquito. The mosquito flew down and landed on the roof of my blue PT and must have thought it was water. The mosquito really looked almost puzzled and pretty soon there were about 15 mosquitos all doing the same thing. There were no other blue cars around me and these mosquitos were not on any other car. All I could think was that the paint really looked like water to the mosquitos. They did not "bug" anyone and it was really funny.
                        I think that was when I really thought about Thursday night and the great time that I had. Oh, and for Mike, I did run a 14.11, no 13's yet......

Comment

Hi Mike: At the last open garage night we used the new 21-27a product to remove the acid like etchings on the front of my Mazda Miata (see pictures on this thread). Can you now identify which product we were using?

Gary06

Comment

MICHAEL STOOPing next to someone.....

Can I have your pizza????

Next year maybe.....

Good year
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Gary06 View Post
                              Hi Mike: At the last open garage night we used the new 21-27a product to remove the acid like etchings on the front of my Mazda Miata (see pictures on this thread). Can you now identify which product we were using?

Gary06
                              We started with the Ultimate Compound and finished with SwirlX

21-09B - New Product? = SwirlX
                              21-13B - New Product? = Ultimate Compound

21-27a was Ultimate Quik Wax

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                              MICHAEL STOOPing next to someone.....

Can I have your pizza????
                              That's Shawn's wife Shannon, aka the Cookie Baker...

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Good thing I don't live down there. I gain weight thinking about cookies.....

Although with diabetes, I did lose 40lbs eating right and working out at the ol' gym.

Makes my car detailing easier, especially on that '66 truck. Wore the kid out, now if the weather holds, I can finish her up and do a write up.....
                                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');