• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay VS Deep Crystal PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay VS Deep Crystal PC

I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not really find much.

Do they both give the same result or is one more superior to the other?

I see the Deep Crystal as being more cost effective but it also seems more labor intensive to apply since it may need to be worked in then wiped off (never used it before so I am not even sure if this is how it is applied)

Clay has become the popular choice and is more expensive and can really only be used one time. I have used it and it is very easy imo to use.

Thanks in advance.
    Clay Bar
    81.82%
    Deep Crystal PC
    9.09%
    Both give equal results
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Re: Clay VS Deep Crystal PC

I am pretty sure you can use clay more than one time. Please correct me if I am wrong. But I like clay better anyways.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

That is true, I guess it can be used more than once but once the clay gets too dirty then it has to be replaced

Comment

Originally posted by JSIN151 View Post
        I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not really find much.

Do they both give the same result or is one more superior to the other?

I see the Deep Crystal as being more cost effective but it also seems more labor intensive to apply since it may need to be worked in then wiped off (never used it before so I am not even sure if this is how it is applied)

Clay has become the popular choice and is more expensive and can really only be used one time. I have used it and it is very easy imo to use.

Thanks in advance.

Well we are talking two different products - Clay is used to remove bonded and/or above surface contaminates and will not remove scratches or other below surface contaminites. Where the paint cleaner removes the below surface contaminates such as fine scratches, etchings and so on.

Clay can be used more than once but you will have to be the judge if it looks too dirty it probably is and its time for a new clay bar.
        Last edited by gb387; Oct 30, 2008, 07:17 PM.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

They both help to prep the car before polishing/waxing but they do it by different means. Clay removes bonded surface contaminants, while paint cleaners remove below surface defects

See here http://meguiars.com/faq/index.cfm?fa...ection=_46#_46

Comment

I see, thank you for the clarification. I would image it is best to remove the above surface contaminants then f/u with some polish which would accomplish the same as the deep crystal.

Comment

Originally posted by JSIN151 View Post
              I see, thank you for the clarification. I would image it is best to remove the above surface contaminants then f/u with some polish which would accomplish the same as the deep crystal.

It is always better to remove the above surface contaminates prior to any paint cleaner and/or polish and wax.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Claying is a very beneficial step in the preparation of the paint. Imo it is very necessary. However as stated previously they are 2 different animals.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

If the paint is dirty or has been neglected and you want the best results possible then you should do both, clay first and then use a paint cleaner.

Claying is the most EFFECTIVE way to remove above surface bonded contaminants. Using a paint cleaner will remove SOME aboves surface bonded contaminants, but not always ALL above surface contaminants.

Claying won't deep clean the paint and it will not remove swirls and scratches, that's the job of a paint cleaner.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');